Installed mods not shwoing up in plugins

Airbornstinger

Hello,

I recently installed vortex, and it seemed to work fine for the first couple of mods I reinstalled, but after awhile I've noticed that any and all plugins were missing, form that specific page on vortex. When i delve into my files, it show that all of them are in roaming data and not being deployed properly into fallout 4. Just last night I downloaded a few mods, installed them but when i check my plugins there was nothing there, nor any esp. So i have moved my staging folder to the same drive but gave its own folder.

Hello,

I recently installed vortex, and it seemed to work fine for the first couple of mods I reinstalled, but after awhile I've noticed that any and all plugins were missing, form that specific page on vortex. When i delve into my files, it show that all of them are in roaming data and not being deployed properly into fallout 4. Just last night I downloaded a few mods, installed them but when i check my plugins there was nothing there, nor any esp. So i have moved my staging folder to the same drive but gave its own folder.

Hi,

Yes, the mod staging folder needs to be in the same drive as the game folder. Not sure where you've placed it, but if you click on the i that is beside it, you will notice that it mentions the use of {GAME}. You'll want to use it as, if you decide to use Vortex for a game that it supports, it will automatically generate the folder when you let Vortex "manage" the mods for you. For me, I have mine set to D:\Modding\Tools\Vortex\{GAME}\mods. You probably don't need the \mods like I have after {GAME}, and now thinking about it, I should probably get rid of it, but meh, too lazy XD.

After you're done that, go to the "MODS" section, make sure the mods that you want to use are set to "Enabled", and click on the "Deploy Mods" button (you may have "Auto Deploy" set to on, but I personally like to click on the button as a just-in-case). With that done, you should be seeing the .esps, textures... etc, inside of the game folder.