NifConvert Assistance

aonach

Hi all,

Just beginning to get into the process of working with nifs. Starting with something easy: removing the cape from the Nightingale armor. Following the instructions found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/editing_nifs_basics

I have managed to complete every step up until the NifConvert step, and then...

There are two different issues I see:

1. Texture filepath: It always seems to change the filepath I set and then default the path in the main window to \. And in the General Settings, it keeps appending the filepath I input with '/data/textures' as though it insists that the textures are pulled from an active game filepath. Honestly though- Does this even matter? Does the tool care enough to error out about it? I mean, can handle the textures myself later.

2. Template: It seems to me that it won't accept any nif for a template- not even the original nif for the Nightingale torso_0 (I'm using only LE nifs, btw)

I can't get to the step where I see the toggle to select "convert for Skyrim"

There are a few variables here I can't seem to find information for- Does the template nif have to be anywhere specific in relation to the nif being edited to be accepted? Does the template nif need to have its version numbers set to 11 and 37? Does the program have to have proper filepaths for textures?

Bear in mind, I am using Nifskope 1.1.4, Blender 4.2.9, and NifUtilsSuite 1.2.2.978. I have all my meshes to Blenderize in an isolated file structure away from any other game files. Also note that if I open the nif in NifSkope after exporting from Blender, everything appears to be in fine shape.

Are there any other weird quirks with NifConvert? Like, does it have to have the export file in the same folder as the import file, or any nonsense like that?