Update causing anyone else to be unable to play?

Harper72

No.

All you have to do is when your game is working save the execute file to another folder. Then when it stops working copy the executable you saved back to your Fallout 4 folder.

You can also save the new execute file to a different folder and copy it back after your mods update.

My wide screen game will not work with any of the CC updates since they update the Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 file. For that computer I use a 2017 vintage executable file.

I do the same thing with Skyrim SE.

If you are not using the new CC content there is no reason to be jumping through Bethesda's hoops.

Later

Added: There is a new F4SE now, ver 15. Installing that, resolved my save game load issues.

Well...I was having the same troubles; CTD after load screen. Had installed (what I thought was) the new F4SE and was still getting the crash. After seeing your comment above, I went and checked. Damned if I hadn't just downloaded v14 from the archive instead of the current version. Must have snagged it by accident before v 15 hit and didn't realize it.

I feel like and idiot but glad I was able to figure it out.

Edited by harimad

Well unfortunately, it's still crashing for me even with the newest version of FO4SE. In fact, it crashes even if I DON'T run the game with FO4SE. And it crashes with mods, without mods, no matter what saves I load (including some really old ones).

Ive actually been getting very similar symptoms to you lot. Thought it was because i was new to modding and just had something simple wrong but maybe not.

U may find the loading problem is fixed by disabling all esl files and esl like files(looking at you, flicker fixer. Its an esp that uses esl file structure).

However, this only solved the ctd while loading for me. There another bug which is on my first play through i can play as long as i like. However, when i load the save of that, i get about a minute in before random ctd. The only consistent thing about the crash is that if u dont move, it wont happen. But once u try moving a longish distance(sanctuary to red rocket for instance) bam, tanks the game at red rocket.

That sound familiar to anyone??

edit: f4se update was apparently missed(so using 14) but after update, still the same problem

Edited by rexx1888

Nope, still can't play. I even tried reinstalling Steam in case that got corrupted somehow (I'm getting desperate).

How desperate? Well, while redownloading Steam I figured I may as well put all my Steam games on my new computer (not that new anymore, but new-enough where it still doesn't have most of my games). I wound up playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for a couple of hours. it just wasn't the same. Even when I built a coaster that killed people and pretended they were raiders. Why doesn't that game have raiders? Nuka-world has raiders...

Maybe I need a break from Fallout.

Nope, still can't play. I even tried reinstalling Steam in case that got corrupted somehow (I'm getting desperate).

How desperate? Well, while redownloading Steam I figured I may as well put all my Steam games on my new computer (not that new anymore, but new-enough where it still doesn't have most of my games). I wound up playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for a couple of hours. it just wasn't the same. Even when I built a coaster that killed people and pretended they were raiders. Why doesn't that game have raiders? Nuka-world has raiders...

Maybe I need a break from Fallout.

God man - I know this feeling - You are not alone and I've got geniuses helping me fix my game - I'm lucky in that respect and yet still - I'm about to jump ship not because I'm bored with Fallout 4 - but I just can't handle the never ending cycle of not working despite me not being responsible for the need to change.

I feel you brother!

JaYmZeE

I think the main problem here is with enabling loose files, if I add

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
to fallout4.ini or fallout4custom.ini, the game crash when I load a save and do an infinite loading when I try to make a new game. Without this modification the game start normally but without any mod that have loose files