Undiscovered locations glitch.

Deleted9860219User

I have this weird bug where undiscovered areas get added to the "Locations Discovered" statistic in the Pip Boy. It happens everytime a "Map Updated" message pops up, which prompts an undiscovered map marker to appear on the world map while also counting (erroneously) on the stats as discovered. The weirdest thing is that, when I actually arrive at said location for the very first time, it invariably adds itself to the "Locations Discovered" list a second time. This means that there's no way for me to know how many places I've actually discovered based on the stats, as they become totally unreliable thanks to this glitch. I know the "ModPCMS" command can be used to modify the values, but that means I have to constantly keep an eye out for every situation that might trigger this glitch, i.e., whenever the accursed "Map Updated" message appears, not to mention periodically counting every map marker on the world map to see if they actually match the stats, which needless to say becomes an enormous drag as the game progresses.

I'd like to point out that this isn't something that happens occasionally; it happens ALL the time in my experience and through the entire game whether I use mods or not, and with or without the F4SE installed. I've no idea what causes this glitch, but one thing I do know for certain is that it is entirely restricted to the "Map Updated" message scenario; it never occurs in any other situation. I've looked on the Fallout wikia page and haven't found any info regarding this problem; I was hoping to find a mod to deal with this exasperating glitch, anything that fixes this problem for good, but no such luck so far. Can anyone help?

LMAO - because unless your fascinsted by how many plants you've picked or bits of armor you've made you'll have missed the page in your PIP-Thingy.

I'm pretty sure there are stats for "HOURS SLEPT", "HOURS WAITED", "HOURS WAITED WHILST SITTING ON A BENCH", "THINGIES KILLED USING MIND BULLETS" (TENACIOUS-D RULE)

In survival mode, there's stats there for how many times you've missed the potty and one for how many times you've successfully stopped Dogmeat humping your leg...... Personally, I think the stats in Football Manager are much more interesting. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...