Doors outside

Hunterz1

Hey i cant find a function to put Door Markers outside.

I build a big tower in New Vegas and put a "DoorLadder" outside on the ground and a "SewerDoor" on the top of the tower.
And now i have the problem that only Interiors can be linked, i create a room and delete all walls, put a sewer and spawn set to this but i spawn with player ingame in the gray Room Corridors. When i leave the sewer i fell of the map.

Can it be realised?

I'm sure it can be done, as several mods (including the Dead Money DLC) do similar. What confuses me is that you are looking for a "function" to place a Marker "outside" (presumably meaning in the "world space"). Not my area of expertise, but I haven't encountered such a function. AFAIK such markers have to be manually placed in the "worldspace" using the "Render Window" of the GECK.

Not certain, but I think you can "move" an existing "persistent object" marker with either "MoveTo" or "PlaceAtMe" functions. Such are usually placed initially in a hidden location/cell until needed.

EDIT: Sorry, I just checked and "Doors" are "Activators". Don't believe you can "move" an Activator but not something I am familiar with.

-Dubious-

I get the feeling we are talking past each other. An "interior" cell (e.g. a room) is linked to an "exterior" (world space) location by a "teleport reference" (only available on "doors", which are special "activators"; not a "marker"). There is no "one-to-one" correspondence between the two cells except by the linking activator. Don't see how you would expect such to be in the "same area"; hence suspect imprecise terminology. (I don't think you are speaking about a "portal", which is a "visual only" link between interior cell "room boundaries".)

A "marker" is a point of reference, but not a "teleport". Can't be used to "link" interior and exterior cells that I am aware of.

Please understand these terms have precise meanings and casually mixing up their use causes confusion and misunderstandings.

As I understand it, you can place the separate "door" objects in their respective exterior and interior cells in the "Render Window". Then on the "Reference Data Tab" of one you "check" the "Teleport" field, and use the "Linked Door" "Select Reference in Render Window" button to navigate to the other "door" to reference it, establishing the link. Then you have to finalize the navmesh to enable movement.

Edit: Re-reading your original post, perhaps I misunderstood your goal. Are you attempting to link two "exterior" locations (Ladder to SewerDoor)? Not possible with a "teleport" as I understand it. But you could "simulate" with an "activator" on the "Ladder" which triggers a scripted "move" of the player to an X-Marker on the top of the "exterior" tower next to the "SewerDoor". Then you would use a standard "teleport door" activator on the (exterior) "SewerDoor" to link to the interior cell.

-Dubious-

Yes you can link any two doors (flagged teleport) together , whether they are in separate cells or not. And infact , you can hide one of the doors (activator) , but the teleport marker be where you want it.

For example ... you link the ladder door , to any ole door , leave the teleport marker on top of the tower adjusted how you want. Then take the door itself and hide it inside the tower , or even just below the ground. This then becomes a one way ladder door , that you would have to jump off the tower to get back down , because you cannot click on the hidden door to activate it. And also just hide the ladders teleport marker below the ground. Because then you could make a second set of teleport doors for getting down. Like the sewer door on top of the tower , linked to another door hidden below the ground. But the new teleport marker placed at the bottom of the ladder.

So let me see if I understand the set up you're wanting.

Take ladder to top of tower , still in exterior cell.

Then take sewer door at top of tower to an interior cell.

Then take a door from the interior cell back to exterior cell , either top of tower or bottom of ladder ???

Could do it all with 1 way door set ups , or one set being two way , like the sewer door on top of tower being to and from the interior cell.

IDK , hard to say really without knowing the specifics you're wanting.

But just trying to give some idea's on how to get tricky with teleport door sets by making them one way , and adding a second set.

Whoa. The "teleport marker" can be separated from the "door object" itself? It's not in the list of "markers" on the GECKWiki. I thought the "teleport marker" only existed when you established the "link" between "doors". As you say: "tricky". Once the OP confirms this works the way they want I'll have to write it up for the "Getting started" article.

-Dubious-

Well not separated as in 2 different objects , just 2 pieces of 1 object , but can be separated in distance from one another. Yes the door has to be linked to another door first ... then the teleport marker appears at the door you want to go to. Not sure how far away a door (activator) and the marker can be , guessing they need be within the same cell , but maybe not regarding exterior cells ? Needs some testing.

So in setting it up , you have to place 2 doors first ... then link one to other.

Then you can position each separately of the other. Ergo , hide the door ( return activator) so it is a one way trip. Also could have several doors all go to one spot , via placing a door for each , establish the links ... then hide all the doors at the focal spot , and stack all the markers on the same spot.

By "this wouldn´t be realise", I'm assuming you mean "this wouldn't be realistic"? If you just have a "free standing door" (as in no wall to appear to support the door) on top of the tower, I agree. But you can place a different, appropriate "laying on the surface" artwork object such as a "sewer grate" on top of the tower and link the door at the bottom with the "grate" at the top. It's the properties that create the link (one-way) between markers, not the object artwork (which doesn't have to match in appearance).

Or I'm misunderstanding the question.

-Dubious-