Cannot seem to get OBSE to run

Dan3345

So I use steam, all legit and such. But for some reason I cannot for the life of me get OBSE working. When I run it it says "Steam users should launch oblivion through steam." I do that, then in game I have no indication that OBSE is running. I am basing this off of two things.

1. I am trying to use the Oblivion Stutter Remover, and just so I can see its working I left the frame capper at 30. Well in game my frames are up in the hundreds so I know it isn't working. But the .dll could be having issues or not updated..

2. In fallout 3 and New Vegas the command to check if FOSE or NVSE was working was getnvserversion or getfoseversion same thing for skyrim except its getskseversion. I figured it may be the same for oblivion so I tried it and the game told me it did not recognize the command. Something which means either OBSE is not running or that command was not in use until fallout 3's FOSE was released.

I have no idea what's going on.. I have owned oblivion on xbox for a while, but since I no longer own an xbox I bought it on steam.. First time playing oblivion on PC, but I am very experienced with modding and have been since fallout 3 was released.. Still this has me stumped..

Make sure you are following the instructions for installing the Steam version of OBSE ... it's different than the disk version.

From the OBSE install instructions

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

From the OBSE install instructions

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

I followed those instructions from OBSE's readme, turned out the problem was..well I don't know.. But I removed OBSE, and reinstalled it after redownloading it again and for some reason that did it..