Looking for a mod that disabled NPC resizing

MarkusTay

I'm pretty sure it was a fairly recent mod, like something from the past 3 months or so, because I don't even now how to find it (tried every search term I could think of), so it would have had to have been something I saw in 'new this week' (unless I found it by reading a recommendation from another mod page).

The vanilla game resizes NPCs (including animals) when they try to use an item that has an animation attached to 'scale 1', so some things grow or shrink to work with the animation (because some things weren't made to be used by other 'actors'). All the mod did was turn-off that rescaling code. IIRC, the mods page used a pic of Nat jumping up on her box as the header (I think that box did the opposite of most - I think other actors 'scaled down' when they used it.. I think... can't remember).

I had gotten rid of it when I was having all my problems and I was troubleshooting, and now that I have a fresh install I am trying to find it again - I want to test it to see if it works for the dogs using the doghouses (because they all change size to be the same size as dogmeat). I did make a backup of all my mods before the fresh install, just so I had a list to rebuild off of, but I think I got rid of that one early-on during my troubles, before I thought about reinstalling everything, so I hadn't backed-up the mods at that point. Plus, i really didn't think it would be this hard to find again.

Too bad the MO's don't keep track of their downloads, and apparently, neither does Nexus. I found a list here of everything I've ever endorsed, but not everything I've downloaded, which is odd, because I KNOW it keeps track of that. Normal downloads I can just check my download history in my browser, but that doesn't work for stuff I got through a MO.

Oh well. I'll keep looking. By the time I find it I'll have no room left again. LOL

I found it by accident in my old MO2 folder, while looking for something else - its the Universal Actor Scale Remover.

It may seem trivial, but I just spent a bunch of time working on a settlement that had a really big dog (one from Unique Creatures0, and watching the thing shrink and grow everytime it went in and out of the doghouse was making me nuts.

I figure I'd update my post in case anyone else wanted to give it a try.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! I don't know what the actual use was that the mod-author intended (I couldn't see that problem cropping up much in vanilla F4), but with all the dogs that Unique creatures added-in, of all different sizes, I was was very happy to see my giant Nightsalker going in and out of his (enlarged) doghouse without weirdly changing size.

I actually got the idea from Oxhorn - he was doing a video about the CC dogs, and complained(!) about how the dog changed size, and I recalled having this little mod installed before - for anyone else that its bothering the mod works as promised.