WTF? Missing mesh for certain weapons

Zhamel

Greetings, I've just started modding Oblivion, and reading through these forums a little, so please bear with me.

I recently reinstalled Oblivion, Shivering Isles and all the DLC, updated to latest patch, and then installed the Unofficial Patch(s). I then proceeded to install FCOM: Convergence with the use of the FCOM Cheat Sheet as a guide. Once I got that going I installed the Supreme Magicka mod.

So far everything has worked great ( thumbs up to the mod makers! ), until I ran across a cave full of goblins and the fallen variants. Half of the goblins have the big yellow WTF star. I have narrowed it down to the custom goblin weapons. Is this something that is normal? Unfinished parts of a mod? Or did I make a mistake somewhere along the way?

I'm open for suggestions on how to fix this issue because I just killed a goblin warlord and wasn't able to get his weapon because of a missing mesh. I really wanted to see what he was beating the crap out of me with :P

Greetings, I've just started modding Oblivion, and reading through these forums a little, so please bear with me.

I recently reinstalled Oblivion, Shivering Isles and all the DLC, updated to latest patch, and then installed the Unofficial Patch(s). I then proceeded to install FCOM: Convergence with the use of the FCOM Cheat Sheet as a guide. Once I got that going I installed the Supreme Magicka mod.

So far everything has worked great ( thumbs up to the mod makers! ), until I ran across a cave full of goblins and the fallen variants. Half of the goblins have the big yellow WTF star. I have narrowed it down to the custom goblin weapons. Is this something that is normal? Unfinished parts of a mod? Or did I make a mistake somewhere along the way?

I'm open for suggestions on how to fix this issue because I just killed a goblin warlord and wasn't able to get his weapon because of a missing mesh. I really wanted to see what he was beating the crap out of me with :P

Yup. Your missing meshes and textures were probably installed incorrectly. It happens even to me, sometimes, especially if I use something other than 7zip to decompress and copy the meshes and textures folders.

First thing to check is to see if there's a second "Data" folder inside your main Data folder. Could be an easy culprit, and you just move it to the original and let it merge with the Data/Meshes and Data/Textures folders where it belongs.

Second, if you're using Windows Vista, Vista may have screwed you during the attempted install. It's trying to protect you from yourself.

If that's the problem, read the Vista topics in this forum. If you can't find the links one of us will help you get them.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I only use 7zip on windows systems. I checked for a second data folder, negative.

I am using both XP ( home ) and Vista ( *gag* work ). Having the same problem on both systems. I installed Oblivion on a second hdd in the Vista computer to get around the UAC and "security" bull. I did read up a bit about how much problems that was causing people.

I have narrowed it down to a few items that I can't find in the WarCry mod. I also checked the MMM, OOO, and FCOM packages too just to make sure I didn't over look them.

The items are:

• crude goblin bow black
  • goblin moria
  • crude mori
  • goblin cleaver
  • curved dagger
  • a bent head black

This was found by using the console command kill and hoping the goblins didn't drop the item.

EDIT: Sorry, I found the missing peaces in the FCOM download, guess I took the cheat sheet install instructions too literally :P It never mentioned copying the meshes and textures over. I copied the missing files and seems to be working properly now.

• 2 years later...
Hey there, i got this problem too. It seems whenever i summon my skeleton, it's weapon sometimes becomes that WTF sign. The same applies to the Goblins, whose weapons are all Yellow Signs instead. Can you tell me what you did to fix this?

EDIT: Sorry, I found the missing peaces in the FCOM download, guess I took the cheat sheet install instructions too literally It never mentioned copying the meshes and textures over. I copied the missing files and seems to be working properly now.

You need to find the missing meshes and textures. I always download mods to a subfolder of the OblivionDownloads folder I've created. When I extract the archive I can examine the directory structure and contents in that subfolder of OblivionDownloads. If I have problems after installing the mod it makes tracking down the missing files as simple as looking at the extracted archive.