proudspire manor stone of barenziah

Erusion29

Why is there a quest that requires me to buy a house? And not just any house, but a particular one? A particularly EXPENSIVE one? I have found two mods so far that endeavor to remedy this; one from Steam Workshop quite effectively moved the stone from Proudspire Manor to the basement of the Sleeping Giant Inn. The only problem was, it messed up the quest-related dialogue option with Vex. The other, from here on the Nexus, added a second stone to the Blue Palace; I don't know if it also deleted the stone in Proudspire Manor, because even if it didn't, the Proudspire Manor Stone is the one necessary to complete the quest, and the mod solved nothing; just added a useless red herring to the equation. I collected 24 stones, but the quest log says 23. Does anyone know if it's possible to move the Proudspire Manor Stone without sabotaging the whole quest? For compatibility's sake, I should note that I have Thieves Guild Requirements and Stackable Stones of Barenziah with Optional Quest Markers. And I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but the Skyrim Legendary Edition Unoficial Patch.