Awesome Quotes

LHammonds

"Keith Moon is dead, now John Entwhistle... we just have to wait for Daltrey and Townshend to kick, then we dig up their bodies and have them reinterred at Grant's Tomb in New York. This will turn 'Who's buried in Grant's Tomb' from a question into a statement."

-Dave Moore, during one of his more-rational moments-

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your past deeds shall not be what you are going to be remembered for.

Emperor Uriel Septim ;)

(True Oblivion Fan here, ok?) But its still an awesome quote.

"Human beings understand reason, compassion, dignity. Predators understand strength."

<< INSERT PICTURE OF GUN >>

I saw this on a picture of a handgun. I'm sure a member of the NRA or CCW came up with that. ;)

EDIT: I updated the 1st post with the quotes I liked the best and ended up sharing with my co-workers and family.

LHammonds

one for all - all for one

alexandre dumas "the three musketeers"

he who is free of guilt may throw the first stone

jesus

anything you want to do you should try to judge by the option of all of men doing it and if it would still be possible for mankind to prolong

kant

ill die for real freedom

any freedom fighter

Some of my favourites..

"(Pain) removes the veil; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of a rebel soul" C.S. Lewis

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Kahlil Gibran

"Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world's estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences." Susan B Anthony

"Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being." Kahlil Gibran

"The unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde

"Fear is the mother of morality." Nietzsche

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." Oscar Wilde

"Bí dílis duit féin" "To thine own self be true….."

"And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou can not then be false to any man." W.Shakespeare

"Y gwir erbyn y bydd" "The truth against the world" Boadicea's war cry against the Roman armies)

"Sons of Gondor, Of Rohan, My brothers! I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fail, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship! But it not THIS day! An hour of walls and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down!!! But it is not this day!! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! MEN OF THE WEST!"

--Lord of the Ring's:The Return of the King. Aragorns Speech at the Black gate--

"Never fear big words. Long words name little things. All big things have little names such as life and death, peace and war, or dawn, day, night, love, home. Learn to use little words in a big way - it is hard to do. But they say what you mean. When you don't know what you mean, use big words. They often fool little people." Anon