CTD upon start up

FNV Redesigned 2 and New Vegas Character Expansions cannot be used at the same time. They both do similar functions and will conflict horribly with each other.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i've just turned off NVCE and trying to run the game, i have also corrected a load order a little with the help from FNV edit .. Updating the post soon.

Edit: Hmm it seems like new vegas redesigned cannot be installed with FOMM, that's why i cannot see it's esm file in FOMM list, i'll do it manually, maybe that's what is causing the crashes? What do you think? Where should i put the esm in the list?

Edit2: NMCs texture pack works with FNV Redesigned?

Edit3: Uninstalling redesigned 2 didn't help for crashes.. I was thinking maybe try to use Wrye Bash for conflicts, do you know if it is better than FNV edit?

Edited by Rutgerhauerpl

I think it would be easier for you to use NVCE since it will install with FOMM but if you really want to use Redesigned then place the .esm after NVEC Complete.esm. I don't use Redesigned myself so I don't know for certain but there should be three .esms or .esps when you install it. Only use one .esm and one .esp. Don't load them all.

NMC's texture pack should work fine with FNV Redesigned. Redesigned's main feature is character restructuring, while NMC focuses on landscape, clutter, and such.

Edited by ma1025

will be able to explain usage of FNVEdit better than me.

When you install FNVEdit, make two copies of the FNVEdit.exe and rename one to FNVMasterUpdate.exe and another to FNVMasterRestore.exe so your FNVEdit folder looks like this.

You may also want to watch the other

by Gopher.

The vid about FNV edit didn't teach me anything new sadly.. My Merge Patch still contains some conflicts, not purely red marked though... Any other ideas what to do?

Many thanks for the effort to help me, much appreciated, it's a shame i cannot give more kudos than 1 so far :(

Edit1: I've decided to try one more thing, making a whole new character after making all those changes with the mods.. Guess what? It helped for the crash after leaving the doc's house and its been going fine so far! ^^

Edited by Rutgerhauerpl

Before you do this, run FNVMasterRestore.exe.

1.) Open FOMM and check the mods you want active. If you cannot use a plugin or do not want it, leave it unchecked or delete it. If you have a merged patch, uncheck and delete it.

2.) Open FNVEdit.exe. It will show you a list of the currently active mods. Just press OK and load the mods you selected using FOMM.

3.) Once all your mods have loaded (FNVEdit will say FINISHED in the message box), right click anywhere on the left portion of the program and create a merged patch. Name it Merge (or whatever).

4.) Your merged patch will load on the bottom of the load order on the left. Scroll down to it and expand it by pressing the [x] next to it. This will show you the different parts that it's editing.

5.) Let's fix some of the conflicts I have under the Race record for my Lobotomite character. You can see my Merge.esp on the very right of the program. There's a lot of information from other mods not getting added to the merged patch, or that is wrong. Let's correct this by dragging the proper information from the mod I want in control of the item into my Merge.esp. For large transfers, you can use the main record (that will appear blank) and it will transfer all its information in that block over.

ONLY MAKE CHANGES TO THE MERGE.ESP FILE UNTIL YOU'RE MORE CONFIDENT WHEN EDITING PLUGINS.

6.) Close FNVEdit and, when prompted, save the new Merge.esp file.

7.) Open FNVMasterUpdate.exe and let it work. It will make backup files of your mods. Keep these until you run MasterRestore.

8.) After using MasterUpdate, launch FOMM. All your .esp files will be bold as if they are .esm except for your Merge.esp. This is normal. Make Merge.esp active and load it after everything else in your load order (that is active).

9.) Play Fallout: New Vegas

10.) When installing, updating, editing, or removing a mod, you must run FNVMasterRestore.exe to undo the changes you made before doing any changes to anything (even load order if you want to be especially careful).

Everytime you change a mod, you have to go through these steps again.

Edited by ma1025

Many thanks ! :-)

One more question: With Archive Invalidation option turned on in my FOMM do i have to do those things some mod require to while installing them? I am refering to operations such as this:

NOTE: Have you tried to set up archieveinvalidationinvalidated? manually for your New Vegas yet. It`ll remove the need for ArchiveInvalidation.txt with any more texture changing mods including my body replacer. If not go here. I know it`s for Fallout 3 but it`ll work for NV. Download the manual version. Extract and move the archieveinvalidationinvalidated.bsa to your Fallout New Vegas data folder. Then look for your Fallout.ini and fallout_default.ini files. The Fallout.ini File will be in Your documents folder under `My Games` (where your saves folder is) and your Fallout_default.ini in your Fallout New Vegas folder where your FalloutNV.exe is. Open them both up. Scroll down and look for for [Archive] change it so it looks like this

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList=Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa

Only the first and last line need to change.

Make sure both .ini files are like that and save. Make sure the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa is in your Fallout New Vegas data folder and you should be set. Remove any ArchiveInvalidation.txt files as you will not need them anymore.

Also if you prefer not to use the idle animation included go into meshes/characters/_male/locomotion and remove the idle anim`s meshes ( pamtidle.kf and mtidle.kf ).

Or the FOMM option on is enough and it is not nessecary?

No. FOMM will do this for you. If something isn't loading right you may need to toggle it off and on again but it will do Archive Invalidation for you through the program.

Should i edit the merge patch and drag every red data so that it's all green, or i should only pick some data to edit? If some, then how do i know what data is safe to drag?

Should i also delete lines that contain [06005466] <Error: Could not be resolved> only?

Edit: Now i've read that you said to edit merge patch only.. I did some changes to the plugins and saved they weren't big though, mostly renaming stuff. Hopefully it won't screw things up, but if so, can i undo it somehow? MasterRestore?

Edited by Rutgerhauerpl