hpw to save screenshots in .jpg?

QuadroTony

• 3 weeks later...

It's in my documents. Grab those, open them with Paint.net, and then Ctrl Shift S to save as, switch to JPG, set quality level 100 && you got a nice tiny HQ jpg but the game natively saves photomode in a ridiculous 4k mode PNG format I think, which is fairly heavy on storage space considering how much of the game centers around taking pictures. Though this isn't all that different from establishing a level of quality in a screenshot by the other means for uses such as ENB & high renders.

So what I would do is just convert them over when it was eating up too much storage space, dump the jpg in a file to save, and then delete the PNG or whatever it is eating up the storage space. Savegames had the same problem in FO4, it would eat up Gb worth of storage. A few years of jpg is like 500Mb or like a library of concept drawings, yeah, high detail because it's a 100% quality compression which is like no compression as far as the looks. But for whatever reason, Zenimax/BS/BGS doesn't care all that much about that even though the primary design centering on XBO/PS4 which have rather limited storage space. :(

What you are actually looking for here is XML coding which plugs into the application runtime "The .exe" I seriously doubt a config exists to set different types of image capture. Although, you can do fairly awesome things with Steam & steam cloud, and also Bandicam or other Nvidia softwares. However I encourage you to bring this up on the official site @ BethesdaNET Community Forums because they have the programmers whom are qualified to enable this quite possibly obvious choice given that it's now 2019 and jpg is older than dirt. Although most people don't understand they can capture a 100% quality jpg, to them it's all compression like DXT compression that was designed/developed for video cards to be able to run properly.