Sniping in Power Armor Doesn't Kill Fusion Cores

asterlacnala

I don't know why Bethesda made the decision to use the AP pool to power jetpacks and holding one's breath... but the net effect is that if you decide to play a sniper, then for some reason holding your breath in power armor will deplete your fusion cores much faster. I was able to mod this out by changing fPowerArmorPowerDrainPerActionPoint (1C8FB5) to 0, but this would affect jump packs as well.

I'm wondering if it is possible, possibly with an f4se script, to make this value the default .05 normally but 0 when looking through a scope. This would maintain the limited resource of jetpacks while still allowing snipers to wear power armor.

Have you used Game Configuration Menu before, I seem to recall it having a few options for the AP costs when in power armor. I'm aware allot of that stuff is just console commands with a nice MCM menu, so perhaps you can backtrack from there?

Have you used Game Configuration Menu before, I seem to recall it having a few options for the AP costs when in power armor. I'm aware allot of that stuff is just console commands with a nice MCM menu, so perhaps you can backtrack from there?

I have not used that before, but looking at it I don't think it does what I'm looking for. I want to change the value dynamically depending on whether I'm sighting through a scope or not. I'm almost certain I'd need F4SE to do this, but I have little knowledge of scripting. (I looked into it when getting into Skyrim modding but could never get the compiler to work.) One possiblity, though, now that I think of it, is to bind it to a hotkey rather than a scope zoom. The latter may not be possible, but the former definitely is.