Mafia 2 Issues-Help!

tanoman

Hi ppl! This is my first post here in Nexus, which seems to be a great forum by the way , and with a great community :P

I've just bought Mafia 2 from Steam, and I'm having serious FPS drops every 10 minutes or so, from about 80 or 90 fps down to 30. I'm aware of the self defense thing that Mafia 2 has, and it's not it. It's becoming unplayable since it happens randomly, either I'm in a car, or during a cutscene or even just walking.

Does anyone know a fix?

Thx in advance!!!

Edited by tanoman

Post your PC specifications please.

Also tell me at what game settings you're playing the game at. Don't forget PhysX

Thx for replying!

You're right, here are my specs:

AMD FX 6100 4.51 Ghz (oc'd)

16GB RAM DDR3 1.333Mhz

Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

1920x1080p resolution

I'm playing with maxed out graphics and PhysX. As you can see, there shouldn't be any graphics issues. I got no idea what's goin on.

I'm not sure myself what it could be.

Try turning off PhysX for a start.

Well rawr, you were right..turning off PhysX fixed it. But I can't believe that my computer can't handle Mafia 2 maxed out. Although I've being also having issues with other PhysX games (Mirror's Edge, Crysis). My drivers are up to date, but is there a way to manually update physx? Or is it updated when I automatically update nvidia drivers?

Well rawr, you were right..turning off PhysX fixed it. But I can't believe that my computer can't handle Mafia 2 maxed out. Although I've being also having issues with other PhysX games (Mirror's Edge, Crysis). My drivers are up to date, but is there a way to manually update physx? Or is it updated when I automatically update nvidia drivers?

Here are the drivers for PhysX: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.0613-driver.html

I heard lots of complaints about the PhysX in that game. Try updating the drivers, it could help.

Nope, it's still laggin. I got no idea what's goin on. I've found nothing in the internet also.

Thx anyways rawr. :P

You're welcome. :)

The username is 'Iv000' btw, 'rawr' is just my amazing and creative title.

But I'm fine with rawr too. :teehee: