Beginner adivces for Fallout 3

35NEXT99

• 3 weeks later...

Q1)

How about those metro stations. Is there any metro station that will spoil the plot?

Q2)

About that metro station in THOSE! quest. It gives new locations at one tunnel. Are they safe to go?

Q3)

How open Tenpenny tower yard exit door AFTER you get inside yard?

Q4)

What quest is inside that Robco factory and Nuka Cola plant?

Q5)

About that Evergreen Mills. What to do with that place? It is full of raiders.

Q6)

About Hubris Comics. Is it safe to enter?

Edited by 35NEXT99

...[5 questions]

35NEXT, Good morning from Japan :)

In regards to your Q's...

Q1)

How about those metro stations. Is there any metro station that will spoil the plot?

A: None spoil the plot. They're simply the way from one point to another.

Q2)

About that metro station in THOSE! quest. It gives new locations at one tunnel. Are they safe to go?

A: Don't really want to spoil it for you, but I think the entire underground is infested with enemies.

Q3)

How open Tenpenny tower yard exit door AFTER you get inside yard?

A: There's a guard standing near the intecom button & speaker in the yard. Press it to open the gate ;)

Q4)

What quest is inside that Robco factory and Nuka Cola plant?

Hmmm... spoilers follow

Robco:

You'll want to talk to Moira and help her out.

Nuka-Cola Plant:

Head to Girdershade

Q5)

About that Evergreen Mills. What to do with that place? It is full of raiders.

Well ... no plot to be broken here. It's just that: a place full of Raiders.

Q6)

About Hubris Comics. Is it safe to enter?

A: Welll honestly, is anywhere safe to enter?

I say, "go for it!" Be adventurous! :thumbsup:

But that being said.... don't forget to bring stimpacks!

**All quotes courtesy of 20th Century Fox © 1999. All rights reserved**

I say, "go for it!" Be adventurous! :thumbsup:

But that being said.... don't forget to bring stimpacks

I agree absolutely with David but I'd add a couple more things to bring : ammo & grenades! These are ALWAYS useful items when exploring :thumbsup:

In a way I'm a tad envious of any person who is coming to Fallout 3 for the first time, especially now when you can add all the great mods into the game before playing which enhance it so unbelievably. It's the thrill of the unknown, the joy of discovery in finding out things that the game has to offer.

The thing I most enjoy is the early stages of the game, the 1st 10-15 levels, where you are still quite vulnerable and it's essential to play cautiously and not just charge around like a Raider who freaked out on an over dose of Jet.

Having such a large open world the like Capital Waste land and having such a free form plot line with no time constraints means you have the luxury in which to really take your time and get familiar with the CW it its little interesting nooks & crannies. To be honest, I believe you should just go on and not seek any further advice or heads-up spoilers and instead enjoy the surprises that await out in the wasteland :nuke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZANKFxrcKU

I agree absolutely with David but I'd add a couple more things to bring : ammo & grenades! These are ALWAYS useful items when exploring :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Talwyn :)

And to 35NEXT, I have to add on hand grenades... *great* for taking out ghouls. If you use VATS, make sure to 'target' the first one if they are already charging because it'll 'freeze' the one targeted while the ones behind "catch up" and you can increase the number of enemies hit by the blast :thumbsup:

If they *haven't* noticed you, well.. I tend to lob one right into the center of their group. Gets em every time :yes:

The thing I most enjoy is the early stages of the game, the 1st 10-15 levels, where you are still quite vulnerable and it's essential to play cautiously and not just charge around like a Raider who freaked out on an over dose of Jet.

Too right youth! The early levels are indeed the best. Which is why I've got 3 unfinished games with characters level 20+ ... :rolleyes:

For sure, This advice will make sure you have the **funnest** experience: :thumbsup:

I believe you should just go on and not seek any further advice or heads-up spoilers and instead enjoy the surprises that await out in the wasteland :nuke:

{edit} Nice tune BTW. Very GNR :)

Edited by DavidYokosukaJapan

Thanks for all answers. Just what I needed here. Time to go adventuring and playing game.

Those grenades I tried. They are bit hard to use. I have codes for adding weapons to game ;D .

One question more:

Is there weapon like Bozar in Fallout 2 in Fallout 3? There is a BB gun but it is useless :wallbash: .

WHY there is no LE BB gun in Fallout 3. My favorite in Fallout 2 :laugh:

One advice to everybody:

In some encounters there is a raider with rocket launcher. Watch out. He is very dangerous.

Edited by 35NEXT99

Those grenades I tried. They are bit hard to use. I have codes for adding weapons to game ;D .

Sure you can use consol codes to add any item but it is cheating in a way. I personally believe you should find your weapons, take them from your slain enemies, not have them "magically" appear in your hands. But if it works for you...

In regards to grenades: practice throwing them. Seriously, take some time and go somewhere and throw a few about so you get the feel of how they fly. You'll get to know your range and accuracy very easily. Also, increase your explosive skill too, that helps a lot. Grenades can be extremely useful when dealing with clusters of enemies in one shot.

One question more:

Is there weapon like Bozar in Fallout 2 in Fallout 3? There is a BB gun but it is useless :wallbash: .

There is no Bozar in the Vanilla game. The BB gun in the game is not an instrument of instant death either. It's just an ordinary BB rifle.

One advice to everybody:

In some encounters there is a raider with rocket launcher. Watch out. He is very dangerous.

This made me smile :biggrin:

I think I know where you came across this terror inspiring raider with his missile launcher. In my first play through it was the same, low level, unfamiliarity with the game and suddenly there are high explosive missiles flying at my Lone Wanderer :yucky: It's a real wake up moment eh? :thumbsup:

Oh what further joy awaits you out in the wasteland....

Good luck

Edited by Talwyn224

Thanks for all answers. Just what I needed here. Time to go adventuring and playing game.

One question more:

One advice to everybody:

Echoing Talwyn here but Practice really does Make Perfect ;)

There's a Bozar added if you've installed the Fallout Wanderer's Edition mod, which is #1 on my Fallout 3 Mod List. It adds nothing but positive points to the game :yes:

The BB gun is only useful for sniping at a far range because it is silent :thumbsup: I've killed Raiders from afar with head shots believe it or not, and my small guns skill was low too. (it always is)

Sure you can use console codes to add any item but it is cheating in a way. I personally believe you should find your weapons, take them from your slain enemies, not have them "magically" appear in your hands. But if it works for you...

Agree 100%! :thumbsup:

No challenge=no fun :tongue:

One advice to everybody:

This made me smile :biggrin:

I think I know where you came across this terror inspiring raider with his missile launcher. In my first play through it was the same, low level, unfamiliarity with the game and suddenly there are high explosive missiles flying at my Lone Wanderer :yucky: It's a real wake up moment eh? :thumbsup:

Oh what further joy awaits you out in the wasteland....

Good luck

Oh yeaah I know who you're talking about! lol :D I always mezz that guy and send him on an all expenses paid vacation to Paradise Falls... heheheh :laugh:

This is why the Tennpenny peace mods exist. There are at least two of them that let's things be hunky dory, although be aware that Tenpenny Tower quest can screw with MANY mods.

Also green mods. You will play a LOT more when the climate and foliage are pretty and realistic. See my 'Even play Fallout like this?!' thread in discussions for a preview AND lore jusification (which is also real world justification).

In combat, my own experience is that #### often happens far too quickly to effectively use more than one Grenade.. Unless you are facing a lot of low-value opponents closely packed together and not much else, one standard grenade will not make a big differance.

The best use I get out of grenades is for:

• Clearing tunnels and rooms of flammable gas (stand off, toss in a grenade and wait for a few seconds).
  • Blowing up general stuff that is likely to explode anyhow (cars, minefields, etc.)
  • The Shady Sands Shuffle (usually effective and always hilarious).

BTW, if you ever make or otherwise acquire Nuka-Grenades, DO NOT use them for the Shady Sands Shuffle. The blast radius is quite large. so you have no chance of getting clear - and those things HURT.

Edited by 7thsealord