OBSE Error with log

maczuko

Hi guys, sorry for the absence, been busy.

As a recap, my OBSE loader cannot inject the .dll into Oblivion for whatever reason it is. I've added all files to trusted files in my computer protection programs, even tried running them with my protection programs off, been through the proper uninstall and reinstall procedure, including cleaning of registries and defrag, re-downloaded OBSE from the website, but still nothing.

Well, I have SBW for skyrim installed. Simple Borderless Window, for easy alt-tabbing. I'm just wondering if any of you guys think there might be a conflict between SBW and the OBSE launcher.

It's just a wild guess...

Um, no... theres no error window. When you open obse_loader, theres a small window with text that appears right? That window just closes almost instantly and theres a log created which reads,

crc = 7934C86C

dll = D:\Games\Oblivion\obse_1_2_416.dll

Assertion failed in .\main.cpp (128): Launching Oblivion failed (code = 00000005 (5))

Yup. The window closes, then Oblivion doesn't launch.

By OBSE plugins, do you mean mods that require OBSE to work? Not yet, but I have a mod that requires OBSE that I wish to play, thats why I'm trying to get OBSE to work, otherwise it wouldn't matter.