Replaced Models not Working

SeScreener

Next confirm that you have your body files in the correct place ...

Meshes should be ... Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\*.nif (example Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\femaleupperbody.nif and femalelowerbody.nif)

Textures should be ... Data\Textures\Characters\<racename>\female\*.dds (example for HGEC Imperial ... Data\Characters\Imperial\female\FootFemale.dds and FootFemale_n.dds).

Archive Invalidation will only work when the files are in the correct spot.

I use Wrye Bash for archive invalidation myself, and the only way it differs from what I read in the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated readme is where ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa get put in the SArchiveList line.

ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated has it as:

SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

whereas when WB does it:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

with the difference being in WB ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa comes immediately after the equal sign, but in ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated it is after Oblivion - Meshes.bsa.

Might be worth giving that a try.

Hmm ... list of possibles I know about is getting shorter and shorter.

What version of the game (i.e. disk, Steam or GOG) and where is the game installed? Also what Windows version?

I have zero experience with Steam, but the advice with all versions of the game is do not install it in Program Files in any Windows version after WinXP. I believe with Steam this means that Steam itself must be installed outside of Program Files (the recommended is something like C:\Games\...). Not sure exactly how, but I think there is a way of moving Steam's install location without needing to redownload all your games.