Body is black under transparent mesh

VonBarb

Hi

Hopefully this should be the last stone standing on the path to completing my mail armor mod.

I have added a mesh on top of my main torso mesh and made it largely transparent as I only needed a few parts of it to show. However now that I've done that, the exposed skin parts on my main torso mesh are showing solid black.

The strange thing is when I don't apply the transparent textures to the added mesh, the skin parts are showing correctly.

What could be at the root of this issue ? Surely the "Skimpy Stuff" crowd have seen this before. Could someone please point to a cure ?

Cheers

Nico

taken from the wiki

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_common_mod_issues

My meshes normal map doesn't seem to render at all even though it's linked into the correct BSTextureSet slot

In block details for the NiTriShapeData make sure Has Normals is set to Yes. Num UV sets is set to 4097. And then Spells>batch>update tangent space

My mesh is black/really dark.

Do the above fix, but this is likely to do with your shader type, and the shader flags. If it is using the environment map shader make sure that flag is set,

and there is infact an environment map set up in the correct slot.

Other wise use the normal shader type. And also the shader flag for SF_Vertex_Color and the mesh does in fact have vertex color

Edited by theru

Thank you guys, but I was aware of these tutorials, followed them to the letter (which is why I got to make some parts of the mesh transparent in the first place) and went back to them to check for errors when I started getting wrong results, but they didn't help.

It turned out the error was caused by a left-over texture set assignment in the CK from an earlier attempt to change the body mesh texture, that I thought I'd reset to default but was still affecting the model. Starting again from scratch solved the problem.

Thanks all the same for taking the time to reply.

Cheers

Nico