How to moveto an actor in front of the player?

Nexusmodsaccountno2

Thanks for confirming that Z functions as "elevation" in the "MoveTo" command. I suspect it's because of the value returned in "GetAngle" (which is probably low normally, such as "1").

From the JIP INI file:

; bNoFailedScriptLocks Fixes an engine behavior where a script that has failed (due to any reason) at some point during execution will be
; effectively disabled by the game and will no longer be processed again until the game is restarted.

So, while that is the case, it could happen in the (probably rare) instance of being near a "cell boundary" when using "MoveTo". If you add the "Cell" checks I mentioned previously, it will probably be sufficient to prevent that ... though I haven't tested that circumstance. You may want to split out the "Cell" checks into a "multiframe" block (see 'TIP Block Types Multiple vs Single Frame processing' in the "Scripting" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article), and only call your "movement" script once you have identified the circumstances: one script for "MoveTo" and a separate one for "MoveToCell". (You should test that "cell boundary" condition. Let me know how it turns out. Such "edge of predictable behavior" cases are usually not documented.)

OTOH, requiring the use of "JIP LN NVSE" to use your mod is not that big of a deal. The "game fixes" provide by that Plugin are not available any other way, which is reason enough to make people use it. And both NVSE and various plugins for it add functionality not available in the vanilla game, which make many mods possible. Most mod users will already have one or both installed. If they don't, it's their loss; not yours.

Final description added as "TIP Relocating objects to Player by script" in the "Scripting" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent