Just Came Back To Oblivion...

Rennn

I just went back to Oblivion after playing newer games. It was an emotional affair; Oblivion was one of my first rpgs and I absolutely love it. I have to say, I prefer it over the newer rpgs. Without mentioning any names, that rpg with dragons in it, and that rpg that rhymes with Thiablo Dree feel so... sticks and bubbles. I'm glad we still have Oblivion. I like that rpg with dragons, but it's just not Oblivion imo. Edited by Rennn

I just went back to Oblivion after playing newer games. It was an emotional affair; Oblivion was one of my first rpgs and I absolutely love it. I have to say, I prefer it over the newer rpgs. Without mentioning any names, that rpg with dragons in it, and that rpg that rhymes with Thiablo Dree feel so... sticks and bubbles. I'm glad we still have Oblivion. I like that rpg with dragons, but it's just not Oblivion imo.

oh oh..i know which one... its

I know right ? still play morrowind and oblivion . rather than a certain game with dragons and half the map filled with mountains ....

Just level 1 and all my memories are coming back . Those days when i did not know about the map and got lost in the wilderness for 2 hours and ended up from Anvil to Chorrol.... no clue how it happened... Funny enough that was the first time i saw Chorrol ...imagine that :turned:

Edited by Maddy21

Glad you found it so enjoyable after testing out some other games.

Personally, not only do I love the game itself, but I don't think I've ever had more fun modding a game than I have Oblivion. Or such ease. It's a dream to work with, and certainly a delight to play. :thumbsup: Welcome home!

:teehee:

My oblivion is currently uninstalled (too much to do this summer etc.) I think I am going to give merp a go when I do a clean reinstall. I beefed up morrowind and skyrim with graphic mods but they just dont connect like good ole 'blivion. I always see it as a challenge modding the crap out of it till it looks brill or just breaks. done that a few times. I have two copies of the GOTY just in case...whoops OCD!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yep, me too. The Steam offer sold me. I was thinking about it for a while, but needed the motivation. Its been so long since I played Oblivion and know I am looking at the popular mods to install. Any recommendations to really enhance Oblivion?

I wish I could leave Oblivion myself but the mods keep dragging me back.

For starters

1) Oblivion mod manager

2) The unofficial patch

3) Open cities

4) Deadly reflex and/or unnecessary violence II

5) Darnified UI (Enable the grid inventory for best results)

6) Zebra (A bit OP but great for yucks)

7) Better cities

8) CM partners (Good for pack mules and cannon fodder. May be unbalancing though.)

9) Fast exit

For later:

1) Nehrim

I wish I could leave Oblivion myself but the mods keep dragging me back.

For starters

1) Oblivion mod manager

2) The unofficial patch

3) Open cities

4) Deadly reflex and/or unnecessary violence II

5) Darnified UI (Enable the grid inventory for best results)

6) Zebra (A bit OP but great for yucks)

7) Better cities

8) CM partners (Good for pack mules and cannon fodder. May be unbalancing though.)

9) Fast exit

For later:

1) Nehrim

Thanks, I've got the mod manager and explored the top downloads as well. I think I'd better do the patch right away. I played for an hour yesterday, but seem to remember the graphics being a lot better then they are. Just a matter of perseption I guess. I am playing full resolution with setting on ultra and everything seems real 'blended' for lack of better words. I probably have a skewed expectation because of 500+ hours of a highly modded Skyrim on ultra. One thing for sure I am looking forward to the Oblivion quests and the immersive qualities they carry.

I imagine it would be difficult though not impossible to make Oblivion look comparable and in some ways better than vanilla Skyrim but I can see how a highly modded Skyrim would curb stomp Oblivion graphics-wise. Better graphics or no, I generally find Skyrim too gloomy and/or frustrating to explore for my tastes.

My modded Oblivion easily beats vanilla Skyrim, but Skyrim with just a few mods does look better.

Ofc, Oblivion released in 2006 and Skyrim released very recently, so really it's disappointing that it's so close.