SKYUI not working

Welxx

Hi,

I tried to take SkyUI in use, but i just doesn't work.

I have the correct (i suppose) version of SKSE installed (skse64_2_00_12) and i installed then SkyUI_5_2_SE-12604-5-2SE.

Now when i load the game and open the inventory i get "SKYUI ERROR CODE 5, incompatible menufile"

and "skyui/inventorylists.swf" and "skyui/bottombar.swf".

I first made the mistake that i installed the wrong version of SkyUI (i didn't know there was an own version for Skyrim SE) but i removed those files.

When i installed SKSE there was no folder Data/Scripts under my SkyrimSE installation, but i created that folder. SKSE seems to work fine.

What is the issue with SKYUI?

Welxx

Actually i know now what caused the issue. I'm using a 3440x1440 display and i installed the current Data/Interface folder to fix issues related to the normal UI and wide screen.

Renaming that folder fixed the SKYUI ERROR CODE 5, but now i have the issue that SkyUI doesn't understand my screen resolution.

I found this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1778?tab=files but there is nothing about 3440x1440.

It seems that i have to give up for SkyUI at least for time being unless someone knows a solution for this.

Welxx

• 1 year later...

Not sure why but I had the same issue where it would uncheck itself from the load menu and fall the very bottom of the list. My fix for it was to go 'Windows key + R' type "%appdata%" , locate the "Local" folder. Scroll down until you see Skyrim Special Edition, there should be a .txt file named plugins.txt with a list of all your activated .esps. This is you load order. Open the plugins.txt and make a new line at the top by pressing enter, and type "*SkyUI_SE.esp" and save the changes and this should work.

I install my mods manually without MO or Vortex, Don't question why but I just prefer it.

Hope this fixes your and anyone else's problems.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Thanks, it worked for me too.

"SkyUI_SE.esp" was present but without *, by adding it like for the other mods of the list it's ok.

Without it impossible to activate SkyUI in the bethesda launcher or LOOT with a manual installation.

The path to the folder is :

OS(C:) -> Utilisateurs -> %User Name% -> AppData (hidden folder) -> Local -> Skyrim Special Edition -> Plugins

Edited by bosmer27

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for this advice, it really helps. But does anybody know why this is happening? I have to repeat this process everytime i instal new mod.

It's happening because the game's "Mods" tab disables SkyUI- that's why it is un-asterisked in plugins.txt. You can fix it manually all you want, but every time you use the game's "Mods" controls it will re-disable SkyUI.

There are two ways to permanently fix this:

1. Get an actual competent mod manager (Vortex) that doesn't disable SkyUI and never touch the game's "Mods" controls again; AND/OR
  2. Use SSEEdit to add Skyrim.esm as a Master to SkyUI_SE.esp.

• 6 months later...

Not sure why but I had the same issue where it would uncheck itself from the load menu and fall the very bottom of the list. My fix for it was to go 'Windows key + R' type "%appdata%" , locate the "Local" folder. Scroll down until you see Skyrim Special Edition, there should be a .txt file named plugins.txt with a list of all your activated .esps. This is you load order. Open the plugins.txt and make a new line at the top by pressing enter, and type "*SkyUI_SE.esp" and save the changes and this should work.

I install my mods manually without MO or Vortex, Don't question why but I just prefer it.

Hope this fixes your and anyone else's problems.

THANK. GOD. Finally someone gives me something I can try other than "Install a mod manager"... Literally every other option was that. And since the launcher got rid of the "data files" part in SE... this was the only thing that worked. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...