Random CTD-Crash Skyrim

RaidenHF

start a new character with NO mods and get to riverwood, then save

enable 5 mods and test the game

keep doing this till you get a crash, one of those 5 mods that just caused the crash is the culprit

finish loading all your mods 5 at a time till you have loaded all of them

that's my best advice

I'm halfway through my testing. Enabling simples mods first and leaving the more script-heavy complex ones to the end.

I think my problem is laying around textures, but that's just a hunch. I've installed every graphics heavy mod (SMIM, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Real Clouds)... After I installed Noble Skyrim 1K, the game crashed within minutes. I've found out that I don't have the SMIM Patch for Noble. Gonna try that and see if it changes something...

I still don't feel comfortable with testing just with the "player.setav speedmult 1200". Can you suggest me other forms of testing (enemy fight, dungeon, idk).

Btw, thanks @gromulos.

From here:

I toggle god mode and collision off, then I run the whole map to see if the game is rendered OK without crashing (I wait a bit in some places that take too long to render).

After that, I spawn some dragons and fight some enemies, but hasn't entered any dungeon yet (as dungeons never crashed in my other profile). Walking around cities with JK's Lite use a lot of the GPU, too.

ok the way you posted that i thought you were playing the game with that speed setting lol

i was going to yell at you for playing at that speed and say "NO WONDER IT"S CRASHING!" lol :P

Oh god. Finished testing, every mod is working just fine. Still, found out the mod that was causing my almost instantaneous CTD: Scoped Bows. That's why the game crashed when I shot an arrow.

Fought the dragons, shouted at them, everything running fine. Until....... I crashed again. And now I've found another area (close to where I was before) where I'm having constant ctds.

Noticed that now I have LOTS of blue texture glitches. I'm running SkyrimPrefs in high resolution but, aside from some stuttering, I'm having good FPS rates (40-60). Don't know if the problem is with my VGA.

Edited by RaidenHF

with Bethesda's engine a blue texture glitch is not caused by the engine, any problems would be red or yellow

I would try verifying your Video card files or maybe a lower resolution

Happy thing: game came back to normal (eventual crashes)

Sad thing: Had to set the graphics to Low

I don't understand, at High my game plays OK, without massive fps drops, but crashing a lot and with lots of blue textures.

Turn to low and it plays fine. Was getting along with high settings.

some of your mods may be using MANY high rez textures which added up could be more than your card can handle

you only have a 2GB video card, using too many 2K and 4K texture mods can very well cause this

Edited by gromulos