Gauss Rifle charging numbers

chazcon

I've done a few texture swaps to mod my Gauss Rifle and I want to change the color of the charging numbers at the back of the weapon from orange to something else. Having trouble locating that .dds file. I thought it was the magnetizer but apparently it's not.

I would look it up in FO4 with the material editor & nifscope. But I mean, you shouldn't be modding this game. It's totally illegal. You just broke EULA. Then anything you do is just going to get broken by patches if it doesn't break the game, and when your savegame is on the line as being a non-recoverable forced autosave for a highly corruptible video game. I'm just saying, it's fairly risky even ignoring that you'll probably end up getting banned. The game will be F2P & it won't matter, but still, you'll regret it. I think that's why we avoid doing that. Just because we shouldn't be playing this game right now technically until after the first year. Fair warning I guess. Good luck.

I would look it up in FO4 with the material editor & nifscope. But I mean, you shouldn't be modding this game. It's totally illegal. You just broke EULA. Then anything you do is just going to get broken by patches if it doesn't break the game, and when your savegame is on the line as being a non-recoverable forced autosave for a highly corruptible video game. I'm just saying, it's fairly risky even ignoring that you'll probably end up getting banned. The game will be F2P & it won't matter, but still, you'll regret it. I think that's why we avoid doing that. Just because we shouldn't be playing this game right now technically until after the first year. Fair warning I guess. Good luck.

aaaand troll banned!

Also, there is nothing that states mods are not allowed...

"Fallout 76 does not support the use of any mods, add-ons, or other third-party programs. Please be aware that the use of such applications may result in Fallout 76 not functioning properly."

Source: https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/44429/kw/mod

Note that they make no mention of TOS violations or say you'll be banned for using mods. They simply state that they do not support mods and you may break your game by using them.

• 6 months later...