Off hand weapons

wize5

I looking for a (good) mod that features off hand daggers and swords

Would be preferable (but not necessary) if it has

• Combat animation for off hand weapons
  • More than one or two off hand weapons (ie: the off hand weapons made with diffrent materials and/or style)
  • A script that sheaths the off hand weapon

wow :woot: makes me wish i could install obse... but sadly i can't because when i got oblivion (digital version from Impulse [now owned by gamestop]) i started modding without backing up the orginal files therefore causing my oblivion version to register as an unknown version to obse..... and for me to re-download it would take a few days (as i'm on dsl) unless there is a d/l on nexus that has the orginal meshes, textures, ect. or does the invalidation thing cause that? Edited by wize5

Vanilla assets like meshes etc. are contained in special archives called bsa's. You can't overwrite them. Loose files added by mods take precedence when the game is loading, deleting them allows vanilla assets to load instead. Regarding your problem with OBSE, I've never had that but you could try getting the latest patch from Bethesda or deleting your ini file. The latter is not located in the game directory but rather in a sub-folder of 'My Documents' (or whatever) called 'My Games\oblivion\'. Deleting it will cause Oblivion to generate a fresh one on startup. Hope you can fix this, OBSE is essential for many great mods.

The Impulse/Gamestop version of Oblivion cannot use OBSE due to copywrite issues. Here's a quote from the OBSE site front page:

The Direct2Drive version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by D2D is encrypted, and we cannot patch it without breaking the encryption. We will not do this, as it is illegal.

The Impulse version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by Impulse is also encrypted.