CTD After Clean Install

Domas

Thank you everyone for your help and replies! I didn't end up uninstalling anything, but instead tried running the game on Medium settings (where it initially defaulted to), and it worked. It's odd, because I know for a fact I used to be able to run in ultra (I did use 4gb Skyrim mod, but I thought they fixed that issue where you could modify the exe to allow >2gb RAM, which after exploring the exe in CFF Explorer, it's defaulted to use that setting).

I'm not sure why I have to run in such low settings, but regardless it still looks beautiful (just know ultra beautiful :rolleyes:) with the low res texture replacers (1024 - when available).

Odd. With your computer setting i would expect that you could run at ultra. Once you use hi-res textures, there is not too much difference between medium and ultra. Apart from the shadows and draw distances. It may be the shadows that cause the problem. With 1GB vram and hi-res textures, it could be too much. Did you try setting everything to ultra, and then lowering only the shadows to medium?

Crashing at the loading screen is usually the case of a missing master plugin, but with a fresh reinstall and a game cache verification that should be solved.