[LE] Location problem - World Location Marker Ref

DdsLedg

Hi,

So I'm having a big problem with making new locations in the CK.

Whenever I try to select anything for my World Location Marker Ref, the reference bar is greyed out, and I cannot select anything. I can choose the cell, but can't choose an object from the list.

I think this is causing my map markers to mess up slightly if theyre between two of my custom locations.

Anyone know how to choose something? I watched some videos and everyone just seems to be able to do it fine.

Thanks in advance

Will

I'm not experiencing the reference bar ever becoming greyed out. But it seems you can't choose any reference unless its parent cell has the location in question chosen in its cell settings.

Thats very strange, my parent cell has that location set, I'll try removing it and re-applying it and trying again.

It might just be a bug with my CK or something, but thanks for letting me know that it works for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way to solve this is to not try to set the reference within your cell but go out into the exterior location and set the reference to that outdoor cell's center location.

If the Wilderness cell or whatever you are using doesn't have an Xmarker set as center location then you have to make one.

Set the reference in your interior cell's Location record to this Xmarker in the Exterior...

The key is that it is a "World" Reference.

So it has to be in the World.

Hope that helps folks