Duckman on gun control

Marxist ßastard

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I have to say that I agree with pretty much all of this.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/if2nht

The right to own and bear arms is granted so that we may overthrow a tyrannical government, not to go hunting. Obviously assault weapons would be helpful in such an endeavor. What is hard to get about that? If you ask me it's past time we got started.

Be very careful with this one, gun control is a very touchy subject - borderline religion no matter which side you fall on.

Check my suggested debate rules before going off 'half cocked' :rolleyes:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/190703-rules-for-debates/page__pid__1658554#entry1658554

Despite these massacres recurring and despite the 100,000 Americans that die every year due to domestic gun violence

100,000 people? I've seen that statistic before, laughed my ass off at it and ignored it thinking that it was just some bottom feeder getting all hysterical.

There's not even a quarter of that number in homicides, and only 11k by gun. Go ahead, Jason Alexander, run your ignorant mouth. You make wildly inaccurate statements like that, people will just ignore you. People will call you out on your BS and it will harm the gun control cause. I thank you for your service. :laugh:

Jason should get his facts straight before he embarrasses himself in public like that. There are on average 35,000 deaths per year due to guns, and a significant percentage of those are suicides..... not the 100,000 he claims.

Typical anti-gun sensationalism.

I would also point out, that there are a couple different interpretations of the second amendment, the latest to be upheld was that the "right to keep and bear arms", and "a well regulated militia" were two distinct parts of the same clause.

@Syco21: Instead of just saying his numbers are wrong - Show us his numbers are wrong - a link to a reputable site - FBI or law enforcement statistics for example, would be a good counter. In a debate you MUST be able and willing to back up any numbers you throw out. :thumbsup:

In regards to suicide:

Latest stats I could find are from 2008, there were nearly 37,000 suicides, of which around 18,500 were by gun.

@Syco21: Instead of just saying his numbers are wrong - Show us his numbers are wrong - a link to a reputable site - FBI or law enforcement statistics for example, would be a good counter. In a debate you MUST be able and willing to back up any numbers you throw out. :thumbsup:

From the CDC for 2008

Mortality

All homicides

• Number of deaths: 16,799
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.5
  • Cause of death rank: 15

Firearm homicides

• Number of deaths: 11,493
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.7

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

I guarantee you that murder has not jumped 10 fold in the last four years. In fact, murder has been on the decline.:thumbsup:

I stopped reading when he went to his ALL CAPS RAGE. If you're going to do that, don't expect people to take your argument seriously. 12-year-olds do that.

His views on government differ so much from mine that it invalidates the rest of his argument. I do believe the U.S. government is becoming fascist or some other monstrosity, but he is just another sheep drinking too much Kool-Aid.

I don't care if he wants just one type of gun or all guns to be banned. His ignorance of the U.S. government's activities, to me, is inexcusable.

/rant