Extract specific Data from .esm into a new one?

theoneandonlyboiler

Hi

I spent the last few days modding my Fallout3 with the G.E.C.K.. Nothing major, just some little adjustments here and there, making everything respawn and some messing around with the leveling. But I think some of the things I did may be interesting for other players. Like the storage expansion I made for the Megaton house or the loot boxes I added to the raider camp on the bridge north of Springvale. Or maybe even the altered leveling if it turns out ok in the game (still testing). But all this is now huddled together in a single messy .esm file because I didn’t plan of releasing any of it when I started.

Now, how do I extract certain parts of that .esp file into a new one? Say I want to make an .esp with only the Megaton house changes, or one with only the leveling changes? I already searched the forums and the internet, but didn't find any conclusive answers what to do.

EDIT: Got something confused. I meant .esp, not .esm.

Edited by theoneandonlyboiler

theoneandonlyboiler - Hello!

FO3Edit would be able to do that:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/637

You could use the "Copy as new record into" & choose a "<new file>" (at the very bottom of the list).

You can even use the shift key to select multiple items at a time to move.

May be easiest (depending how much you are removing) to make a copy of the mod you want broken up, open the copy in FO3Edit & remove the chunks you don't want leaving behind the parts you need to keep.

You could then rename that file to what it does.

Hope this helps!

Prensa