When can you be considered rich?

Relativelybest

If it's like that, might as well have a simple bank system. I was thinking more of how they'd fine you or chase you if you didn't pay. Maybe if you have no money in the chest/bank, a tax collector would try to personally get it from you (not with a sword), and after that, the guards come? Maybe your house resets?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought my character was rich until I read this thread. I have all houses and over 200,000 gold.

Even in my games I can't seem to break out of the middle class. ;)

Sell the houses! There's never enough real estate in barren Skryim! :thumbsup:

I think you could be labelled too rich when your Jarl invokes a mandatory universal health plan at your expense because you were fortunate enough to be prosperous in your adventuring career and because you can afford your own house, horse, and good armor. Another indicator is when you DON'T actually believe all your SUCCESSFULLY hard faught battles and crawls through all the pits and tombs and ruins were because someone else did them for you. Edited by Brandy_123

Why should I move. Just vote the Jarl out of the hold. Then he can try and find his own adventure anywhere but here. He can take his house karl, his advisor and the chair he sits in with him. By the Nines, we'll have to fumigate for skeevers when he finally leaves. Hopefully he doesn't try to occupy the market district with a gaggle of other thieving beggers and prevent hardworking townsfolk from purchasing much needed goods. Edited by Brandy_123

Well really after you get good armour and a weapon, there really isn't much to spend on apart from maybe a few more houses or so. If someone implemented taxes though, that would be an interesting mod. It wouldn't be that difficult to decrease gold in inventory every, let's say, month. If they don't have enough gold, then send some pissed off NPCs after them. Of course, that's not really helping immersion. The difficult part would be adding a reasonable system to pay taxes. Well, difficult relative to me, as I can't imagine doing that. Still trying to get my head around placing objects, seems a bit wee difficult compared to Oblivion's CS. (I'm pretty noob.)

Then, if the taxes get too high and aggressive, you can form a band of merry robbers who assult tax collectors and redistribute the gold to the beggars.

Thought my character was rich until I read this thread. I have all houses and over 200,000 gold.

Even in my games I can't seem to break out of the middle class. ;)

Sell the houses! There's never enough real estate in barren Skryim! :thumbsup:

Actually, selling your house is something I've always kinda wanted to do. Is there a mod for that?

Edited by Relativelybest

Why should I move. Just vote the Jarl out of the hold. Then he can try and find his own adventure anywhere but here. He can take his house karl, his advisor and the chair he sits in with him. By the Nines, we'll have to fumigate for skeevers when he finally leaves. Hopefully he doesn't try to occupy the market district with a gaggle of other thieving beggers and prevent hardworking townsfolk from purchasing much needed goods.

How about, after the Dovahkiin has robbed and pillaged his way across Skyrim, murdering anyone who gets in his way and stealing everything which isn't nailed down, we ask him to pay fair wages to the people who fetch his mead and bang out the dents in his armour and clean his house and sharpen his axe and cook his food and heal his wounds and sweep his chimney and stoke his fire and the thousand other tasks he takes for granted as he sleeps on a mountain-sized heap of money he stole and decided to claim that he "earned."

And I think you'll find that there are quite a few members of Occupy Whiterun who are neither beggars nor peasants nor kindly old peaceful priests of Mara, and who don't find the Dovahkiin especially scary. And whose long experience fighting the Jarl's brutal guardsmen in the marketplace have taught them how to fight and who to fight. If you think the Forsworn are scary with their stealthy knives in the back, you haven't seen anything yet. When all possibility for peacefully erncouraging the Dovahkiin to stop being such an oboxious n'wah have ended, the cities of Skyrim will burn, and not all the Jarl's men will put them out. The Dovahkiin doesn't care about the health of anyone else because he doesn't believe his own health is at risk; soon, he will see that he is very, very, very wrong,

Why should I move. Just vote the Jarl out of the hold. Then he can try and find his own adventure anywhere but here. He can take his house karl, his advisor and the chair he sits in with him. By the Nines, we'll have to fumigate for skeevers when he finally leaves. Hopefully he doesn't try to occupy the market district with a gaggle of other thieving beggers and prevent hardworking townsfolk from purchasing much needed goods.

Why not? Lots of companies and people move to a different state or country because of high taxes. IE: JC Penny, Chrysler, Exxon Mobile.

Edited by Lutine

I think you could be labelled too rich when your Jarl invokes a mandatory universal health plan at your expense because you were fortunate enough to be prosperous in your adventuring career and because you can afford your own house, horse, and good armor. Another indicator is when you DON'T actually believe all your SUCCESSFULLY hard faught battles and crawls through all the pits and tombs and ruins were because someone else did them for you.

:laugh:

The people of Skyrim wanted change... I guess they got it. :wink: The question is, how much more are they willing to take.