NPC Dialogue Missing

GrayWolf04

I was playing Fallout 3 today and paused the game to take a break for a while. When I came back later and resumed, everything was fine. It wasn't until I talked to Dogmeat, the follower I have, that I noticed a problem. When I talked to him, the subtitles would show him barking as usual and the game would transfer to the conversation mode as is normal. However, he does not actually bark (no sound). he just stands tehre panting and the box at the bottom says "<bark!>". I can't do anything. The only way for me to get out of this fix is to use the CAM (Close All Menus) console command or to load a previous save. I have talked to other NPC's without a hitch and they all act fine. It appears to just be Dogmeat. I have uninstalled every single mod and run the game through the FOMM with only the Fallout 3 and Broken Steel ESM files checked and he still acts the same. I have tried extracting all of his audio files from the Sound.BSA file and putting it in the Data folder with the same folder structure, but still no luck. This is apparently not a mod issue and extracting audio doesn't appear to be working to help with it. Can anyone help me out with this please? Any help at all is much appreciated. Thank you.