couple of issues trying to mod an existing manor

c0ax599

I'm trying to mod Severin Manor. I know, probably not the best place to mod. It's for personal use (my player owns the home!). And I'm just trying to move some stuff, and add some storage. Nothing else.

Issue #1: I moved the Armor Smithing Bench, and in the CK it shows no candles on the bench. In game, there are 3 candles that were obviously on the bench, now floating in air. If I could see them in the CK, I could move them, But it's like they don't exist.

CK - No Candles

In Game - Floating Candles

Issue #2: Just the opposite. Moved table + items, looks great in the CK. Then the soulgems and a basket on the ground disappear. Skulls are now on the ground. But the candles are fine. Go figure.

CK showing items as they should be

In Game the items are missing

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

c0ax

Well, the obvious question would be when you go to look in-game are you using coc directly from the main menu to enter your cell and not using a previous save-game?

What were the candles that are floating sitting on? Did you move them somewhere in the CK?

The others probably havoc-ed and scattered.

I am not coc'ing into the cell. I am using a save game. I was wondering if that could be part of the problem.

IN-Game the Candles were sitting on the Armor Smithing Bench. When loaded up in the CK, they did not show up, or I would have moved them in the CK... Sounds like it might just be a save game issue.

I'll try coc'ing.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the vanilla Severin Manor. I'm level 60, so have completed the quest(s) where it's given to me. I basically fired up the CK, and started adding changing stuff in it. Deleting some stuff, adding others (renaming the id etc.).. TBH, I went in it (CK) yesterday, deleted the screwed up items, went in the game, and using the console, "disabled" some problem items that were not showing up in the CK...

I guess I'm in experimentation mode now!!! lol!

I do have another "fresh install" of Skyrim waiting. I guess to truly test I need to install that, and....... My other question is, should I use a downloaded "clean save game" for testing? I have tried using "Re-Saver" to clean a save, no help. How do you "test something like this with a level 1 char? or... Yea, I'm a little confused about all that.

So far, in game, this is what I got.

xI0FmFMl.jpg

Enchanting Room.

7ZOpczVl.jpg

Alchemy 01

DCZiKSxl.jpg

Alchemy 02 - I get tired of the sacks....

2t8R75Hl.jpg

Smithing 01 - Urns, bench and Armor Chest

dm2p5zXl.jpg

Smithing 02 - Ore chest, and I'm standing on Junk chest, heh.. Moved the Weapon Rack (succesfully).

W9xOdOrl.jpg

Smithing 03 - Ingot Chest and one one of the barrels is a Jewlery Box, added a couple candles back so the lighting would be semi-ok..

Shoot no, no way I'll try to release this until I know it's right if at all.. It's only to be used after your character owns the Severin Manor for one.. So there's alot of questions I still have..

Another theory. Are there markers? If there's reference markers, then no matter where you move the items, they will always pop in where the reference marker is/tells them to. This is the method used for Hearthfire. A lot of "build your own home" mods use this method as well, and are generally controlled by a handful of X markers. They may be hidden, so take a peek around and see what you can find. You could try a forced cell reset, as well.

To answer your question about "testing on a clean save" or "testing on a level 1 character" it means just create a level one character, which is a completely fresh game, so that everything is new to it. This way there will be no conflicts between pre-existing items/scripts etc and the newly modded ones.

Clean saving guide, provided by https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Troubleshooting#tab=Mods_and_Savegames

Open (or create) SkyrimCustom.ini file in .../My Documents/My Games/Skyrim. Add the following lines to that file. This creates a log so you can see just how much crap is in your savegame currently and how much is removed by the procedure. Alternatively you can just add these lines to Skyrim.ini or change the =0 to =1 if they already exist.
[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
With these settings on, the game creates a new folder at “...\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script”. Your logs appear inside that folder, named Papyrus.#.log with the # number going from 0 to 3. The 0 log is always the newest with older logs cycling through the increasing numbers.
Download and install the No Boring Sleep-Wait Menu mod from Skyrim Nexus. This mod allows you to wait for 31 days without having to wait 24 hours 31 times due to the limitations of the default vanilla wait menu. This mod was created with mod cleaning in mind.
Deactivate or uninstall any mods that require you to eat, sleep, drink, stay warm, etc, to survive, such as Total Realism - Basic Needs. If you do not disable these, your character will die instantly after following these steps due to starvation, dehydration, etc.
Start Skyrim and load the savegame you wish to clean.
If you are uninstalling mod(s), you need to strip naked and store your gear in a player home. (If you don't have one yet, use anywhere that is listed in the safe places link above and make a backup save just in case).
Check to make sure your active effects are clear; if not, click on yourself and type this in the game console: "dispelallspells" (without quotes) and recheck active effects. This cures vampirism and lycanthropy so if you have one of those, you must add it back with console after finishing the procedure.
Make a new save by typing "save <name>" (without quotes) in the game console. If the name contains spaces, it must be enclosed in double-quotes, i.e. save "My Skyrim Save". Make sure this is a unique name.
Exit Skyrim by typing "qqq" (without quotes) into the game console.
Uninstall the mod(s) you no longer wish or are upgrading. Or (NOT and), install the mod(s) you want to have in Skyrim. If doing both, first uninstall and complete the entire procedure, then install new mods and complete the entire procedure again.
Load your savegame. A dialog stating that the save file relies on missing content is to be expected. Choose "Yes".
Travel to another world space that IS NOT classed as the Skyrim world space. The best options are the Skyrim Testing Hall or an empty unmodded player home. See the Testing Hall note above.
Once in the Testing Hall or home DO NOT pick up or open or use anything! Open the game console and type "pcb" (without quotes).
Next, in the game console, type "tfc" (without quotes). This enables free camera mode, and helps reduce the waiting time required for 31 days to pass.
Exit the game console, and press "T" on your keyboard to enable the waiting menu. The change in appearance is due to the No Boring Sleep-Wait Menu mod you installed.
Move the slider all the way to the right until 31 days appears.
Press "Enter" on your keyboard. You need to wait for 2-3 minutes if you toggled free camera mode with the "tfc" command, or 12 minutes if you did not.
Next, in the game console, type "tfc" (without quotes). This disables the free camera mode that was enabled before.
Make a new save by typing "save <name>" (without quotes) into the game console. If the name contains spaces, it must be enclosed in double-quotes, i.e. save "My Skyrim Save". Make sure this is a unique name.
Exit Skyrim by typing "qqq" (without quotes) into the game console.
Rename skyrimcustom.ini (so it doesn't load and you won't have to recreate it later if you need it again) or change Skyrim.ini settings added above =0. Now check the logs to see what changed and to make sure you don't have crazy errors.
Reactivate your realism mods, start Skyrim and load your save.
Open the game console and type "pcb" again (without quotes).
Travel to your preferred destination using the game console "coc <cellname>" (without quotes).
Play! (Thanks to apoJake, MontyMM, Madwizard25, and Frihyland for contributions).
Edited by Rizalgar

Try opening console and clicking on the candles, with the console mouse. Compare the first two digits of the console ID number with that of your load order, see if they're coming from Dragonborn itself, or from some other mod. Do you by chance have a lighting mod installed, or some other mod that may affect Severin manor, even though it's not considered specifically a Severin manor mod?