Crashes right from the start

AbdusSalaam1

I'm at a loss on what to suggest next.

I can't think of anything at that point in the tutorial that could be causing trouble. You get prompted to try out the bow after you pick it up ... if I remember correctly there is just a potion or two and some small treasure in the chest and perhaps some arrows.

- Edit - Is it the locked chest next to the skeleton where you crash or the unlocked chest nearby?

Edited by Striker879

The room with the chest is in the room after the room with the skeleton and the well. It comes after the corridor where the Zombie comes. But now I've just tried again and it crashed even before in the room whith the encounter of the red robe guys when a rat came out of the whole in the wall and jumped at me.

Ahh ... so that is probably just before you go through the door into the goblim part of the dungeon (where the live goblim shaman and the rat farmer etc are).

Maybe you can point out the spots that are trouble by referring to the pictures and description on the UESP Wiki page - Oblivion:Imperial Prison Sewer (Tutorial). Not saying it will help pinpoint the problem, but at least we'll both be talking about the same area of the tutorial dungeon.

Edited by Striker879

In the first picture are those crashes happening before or after the Mythic Dawn agents come out?

In the second picture in the first spot (lowest circle, closest to the door A Z1) do you see the zombies and then crash or crash before the zombies come around the corner?

In the second picture at the spot you have the second circle (your room with the pillars I believe) there are three rats who will attack, but you should already have run across enough rats that makes me think the rats themselves can't be the problem. Nothing much else happening there until you go through the doorway to the left and enter the room with the food and iron helmet (you probably haven't seen that part yet ... it's at the green G in the picture).

Dear Striker,

finally i could fix the problem with the help of the bethesda Support team. The problem was a setting of my Asus DGX Soundcard. The game crashed because the soundcard was set on the GX mode with is apparently a common reason for crashs.

Thank you very much for you help anyway :smile:.

As soon as you mentioned that I went ... duh!! Been a while since I've run into that as a root cause and didn't think of it (though I had that feeling I was missing something ... just couldn't put my finger on it).

Thank you for reporting back. It brings that type problem back to the current memory bank instead of the "archived backup".