GTA IV what da hell

tanoman

Hi ppl!

I bought GTA IV a while ago, I downloaded the optimization drivers but it's still running terrible. Sometimes it's 35fps, sometimes is -900...Even with it's awful optimization, my pc should handle it: AMD FX 6100 OCd at 4.5 GHz, Nvidia GTX 680 and 16gb RAM, at 1920.1080 res.

Does anyone know if it can be further optimized?

Thx!

Nope.

Your PC will never handle it, trust me.

I got just a minor performance boost when I switched from 4850 with a Phenom II 550BE to 6870 with a Phenom II 1090T.

Graphics aren't even maxed and I get 25-ish FPS. If I get lucky it will pass the 30 mark sometimes and be a bit smooth, but rarely.

I haven't found any optimizations that fixed this. The port is just really really bad. I think it's even the worst port I ever played and I played plenty.

You got have atleast 3gb of vram to unlock it, and not to mention a fiew command lines and so on inside the exe to unlock all features of gt4.. its completely vram based. If ya don't have the vram, you can't unlock its full visual icandy, unlike me i will have 6gb of vram this coming month :teehee: Even then its unstable...

Even i get around 46 to 60fps depending on location, although still ctd's on me once in awhile. thats with texture packs enb and so on.

Edited by Thor.

I have spent many hours to get the game running properly. Command lines/target lines, defragmenting, tricking it to use crossfire through radeon pro, rolling back to an earlier patch, looked into the possibility of core parking causing issues, turning one card off in the chance that it wasn't crossfire/sli compatible and even putting it to low settings... but nothing really seems to make a difference. If I don't use "-norestrictions -nomemrestrict" I can't even change my visual settings. Without mods the benchmark reports around 45 fps average on ultra with all distance maxed and stays around 60 with slightly lowered settings and even than it still doesn't feel close to smooth. No amount of power or video ram will make it run properly. It just will not use excess vram or cpu power. My laptop with 4gb vram and a 2.0ghz quad core cpu (2.9 turbo[my weak point]) sits at 36% cpu usage and 31% video memory usage on ultra settings. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around something being released that runs so poorly but with this game there is nothing that can be done. I just roll back to patch to 1.0.4 and enjoy the version of icenhancerI like the most +some fun mods. It may be one horrible port of a game but can still be enjoyed :laugh: .