Problems with Skyrim HD 2K Textures mod

vinnas

Well, this is very weird, i`ve been trying to install this mod but i can`t make it work, tried to instal both manually and via NMM, none of them worked. Tried to put all 4 (misc, dungeon, landscape, cities), but i get no option to activate it in DATA on skyrim launcher, so they`re not working in-game. What could be wrong?

Well, this is very weird, i`ve been trying to install this mod but i can`t make it work, tried to instal both manually and via NMM, none of them worked. Tried to put all 4 (misc, dungeon, landscape, cities), but i get no option to activate it in DATA on skyrim launcher, so they`re not working in-game. What could be wrong?

You don't "activate" them other than installing them correctly. They replace ingame textures so just download via NMM and activate.

Edited by Korentin

Shouldn`t it have a .esp file to be activated? In the install instruction it says an option would be avaible to be marked before starting the game, something like ``Skyrim HD``, and this is not showing up here. I also tried just to copy the new textures but they`re not being activated, because i`m not seeing any difference an my fps haven`t dropped as well.

Sometimes, because of there size, they do mess up when trying to download them. I manually downloaded each one and installed them. The 2 versions are "HD" and "Lite." I use Lite, but you have to manually extract each one to you Data folder if memory serves me correct. Some people get them to activate using NMM, but for me I just did it the aforementioned way. After installation, you will not see them as a plug-in, etc. Just because your FPS isn't dropping doesn't mean there not working. They have been extensively designed to run well and they don't always drop your FPS. Just look inside your folder and if you see them, your good to go. If you install them using NMM they will appear in your "Mod Manager" page, but not in your load order plug-in page.

Sometimes, because of there size, they do mess up when trying to download them. I manually downloaded each one and installed them. The 2 versions are "HD" and "Lite." I use Lite, but you have to manually extract each one to you Data folder if memory serves me correct. Some people get them to activate using NMM, but for me I just did it the aforementioned way. After installation, you will not see them as a plug-in, etc. Just because your FPS isn't dropping doesn't mean there not working. They have been extensively designed to run well and they don't always drop your FPS. Just look inside your folder and if you see them, your good to go. If you install them using NMM they will appear in your "Mod Manager" page, but not in your load order plug-in page.

Its just because in the pics taken by the author they look more beaultiful and detailed lol

Edited by vinnas

• 1 year later...

I had an exactly the same problem with it. I tired to both install them manually and via Nexus Mod Manager. They appear on the mod list, where you can activate/deactivate them, though not as a plugin. Even though my hardware leaves much to be desired I don't really see any drop in FPS, either. Though, I may see the difference in quality in game, so I presume it is actually working fine!

• 2 weeks later...