How to get item image to appear at chem station

amokrun1

I'd search for a mod that 'has that' and isnt a 'closed package' as esp/esl and then reverse-engineer it.

I'd be more interested, since i'll be facing this same question in the near future,

wether the preview Image can be 'automaticly' rendered by some (if so: which?) tool, or if the Image has to be 'pre-rendered' to be implied?

(Or if some/an -already created/required- 'Image' (texutre/layer/whatever those odd-colored things are called) can be used as preview?)

Because i've seen (clothing) mods with 'dummy' preview Images, merly showing what Slot (if even that specific) will be used, but others give a VERY good idea of what to expect exactly.

preview image working in the chemlab...I'd just found a way to do it yesterday (may be not the better one but it seems to work)

I create a GO_nif copy of my object (you have to found a model for the block in nif somewhere because you need to edit a brandly new nif file with some specificity)

After, I use this go.nif as world model in the armor page of my object in CK

Now i've got a preview model in the chemlab, and swap is working on it...

My only problem is now that if you trash this item on the ground, it's existing and visible but you can't take it back ^^

I think I missed something...I'll will find it, maybe...

Hope this will help

Regards

The GO object is the world object. This is also used when rendering the preview on workbenches or in menus. You need to set an so called 'Preview Transform' which rotates/scales your object to be visible on the screen. You can find a lot of them in CK already. You can also create your own one if your item doesn't match any vanilla mesh close enough.

GO objects need collision and physics data to be working. Interaction is actually done with the collision mesh, not the normal mesh. You either need to copy the physics from another object that has a similar shape and weight (make sure to copy collision from another moveable object or your object will still float in the air), or create one. Creating one requires 3DS MAX 2013, Havok Content tools and BGS Exporter with Elrich. The latter two are part of the Creation Kit, the first ones are something you need to get yourself.

If it's only one or two meshes, I can create custom collision/physics for you, if you want.