ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Voice Actor Needed

drewsbrew

Hello, all!

So, straight to the point; I need a voice actor for a fairly minor part. For this specific character, the idea I have in mind is a female Imperial, but I am flexible. If I have to, I could make either a male or female character of virtually any race work for this particular story.

OK, so here are the details;

I’m working on a mod that is a complete overhaul of crime, and the features are far too numerous to mention here, so I’ll stick to what this is actually for. I’m adding a number of ‘safe houses’ the player can establish all around Skyrim. Each safe house will be in a secret, out-of-the-way location, and will be a small version of a Hearthfires style ‘build-your-own-home’, except that you aren’t actually building the structure of the safe house; it’s more like you’re repurposing it.

I want to try my best to have an option to get someone else (an NPC) to do the hard work in order to accommodate different play styles, character personalities, etc. which brings me to why I need a voice actor… So, I’m working on a safe house in Whiterun hold; remember that destroyed cabin a little ways outside the city? That cabin now has a secret basement that you can gain access to through a well. That basement is going to be the safe house for that area. The former owner was a proper lunatic; he was kind of the Skyrim version of a Doomsday prepper, a bit of a conspiracy theorist, and an avid supporter of the Stormcloaks. Despite all of his prepping, he wasn’t prepared for the dragon that destroyed his house and him with it. He’s dead and gone now, and hence is NOT the character I need a voice actor. However, a couple of days before the dragon took him and his house out, our lunatic friend kidnapped a traveler (an Imperial woman?) who he was convinced was a spy of some sort. She’s not, but let’s face it, the former owner of this house is not the kind of person who listens to reason. He locked her in the basement and she is still down there!

So, in a nutshell, the player will enter the basement and hear this person calling out for help. In terms of the quest to claim this safe house, the player can either just kill the prisoner to be rid of them and ensure no one talks about the location of this safe house, or release the prisoner no questions asked, or release the prisoner on the condition that they clean the place up first. There will also be some dialogue options related to the story, the former owner, etc., but that’s the extent of what I’m looking for. We’re not talking about a major quest, or a companion character with hundreds of lines of dialogue, or anything like that. However, I want everyone to keep in mind that there will be A LOT more characters who I need voice actors for, I’m just not quite ready for those other parts yet.

As I said, the character I have in mind is an Imperial woman, but I could just as easily make it a male character, they could also be any race of elf, or an Argonian, or a Khajiit and still easily work in the story. I’m building the mod in Oldrim but will be porting it to SE and releasing for both.

• 2 weeks later...