Dawnguard relase date for PC

Mutak94

Heyo everyone,

I been tracking this ever since it was released on xbox. I'm not really sure if this is a trust worthy source, but I'm not really happy with what I found:

Still No Release Date for Skyrim: Dawnguard for PC, PS3

Supposedly Pete Hines said this:

“We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I’d tell you”.

Looking around I then found this:

Pete Hines: Skyrim Dawnguard DLC not coming to PS3 and PC anytime soon

I gotta say, I understand the fact that there could be bugs. But why would they base the release off of xbox anyways?

Meaning, they obviously don't create the game on xbox lol, they create it on a pc platform then make it from there to xbox. So I'm confused why would it even matter what bugs xbox would be having; due to it being a completely separate platform.

I think the delay is very simple. Xbox's graphics don't come anywhere near pc, and (if they are wise) I think they are trying to make an HQ pack released the same time as Dawnguard. Otherwise i'd be very odd to play Skyrim with an HQ pack for the regular portions of the game, and then non HQ with the DLC.

I'm actually amazed steam didn't try and bribe bethesda as well to gain rights to exclusive release. Despite how annoyed I am about having to use steam with an elder scrolls game; this is the kind of thing that we pc users would have benefited from. Not only are we getting very fast updates via steam, but the concept of getting a DLC before its released in retail would be even more so.

Honestly there's already amazing vampire mods out there for skyrim already...like for those who don't know..

Belua Sanguinare Revisited - Dynamic Vampires

So all I'm really wanting; like most skyrim pc users is for: More quests, more storyline, more items, and of course the xbow mechanic.

I have read that they have other plans for other DLC in the future (said by Todd Howard at E3), and I hope that they don't plan on packing it all to release at once on PC. Otherwise if that's the case...the 11.11.12 release date will probably be spot on >.<

Well back to modding ;p

Edited by Silvist

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also didn't mention the potential for mod conflicts if they got sloppy with the dlc.

Ah, yeah, there's always that. Hopefully they add new stuff, not change half the game. Then it should be alright.

You also didn't mention the potential for mod conflicts if they got sloppy with the dlc. However, I think most of the bugs noted in the console version would be fixed for the pc one. Its not like they built the dlc on the xbox then ported it over to pc, they built it on the pc and ported it to the consoles. Of course I am just being optimistic, even in the face of prior buggy dlc from Bethesda :P

Optimism ftw!

Actually they built it on a PC for the xbox, and then ported it back to PC and PS3. Another reason for the delay, is the PS3 skipped the 1.6 patch, that will be included in patch 1.7, which Dawnguard is supposed to be dependent on, according to internet here-say. And that the FIGS (French, Italian, German, and Spanish) ver.'s of Dawnguard came out a week or two after the English ver., there's a lot of speculation going on with not much credible info atm. What we do know is that we don't know. Here's a link http://www.gamepur.com/news/8686-pete-hine-skyrim-dawnguard-dlc-not-coming-ps3-and-pc-soon.html

We can always fall back to gloating at console players because we have mods and they don't.

I don't think they'd wait to release it with other DLCs for the PC or not release it at all. If they release each DLC separately, then the overall play time and therefore addiction would increase, I think anyways... but it would keep the hype about Skyrim up, instead of being dead for a few months, then suddenly releasing a pack of DLCs.

I don't think Bethesda gives a damn about bugs. And this *dreamer's* that says they are fixing bugs or that Xbox is getting betatest should wake up into reality and stop deluding themselves.

Microsoft probably paid a lot more then just for a 30 day exclusive, and it was simply a deal with Bethesda that they cover their backs in front of their audience, by saying it will be 30 day exclusive, but instead it could be for a half a year or even a wholly Xbox exclusive DLC.

I am pissed about it, because i now have two characters, ready for it (not marriaged, no bugs, no companions quests done), and it might very well not come onto PC, till the end of the year or maybe not at all.

I hate Microsoft, they just want to control everything. The Windows 8 is already a big menace, and this is another spit onto PC players.

They should just announce the date, if nothing else. It's cool if they want to fix bugs or improve graphics or whatever, but I fail to see how that stops them from just giving the potential date out.

Hahahahahaha my day just gets better and better I wait for a whole month, day before supposed release I end up breaking the left side of my collarbone, right elbow and now no skyrim dlc so what it I can't play it without my s@.??y xbox controller might have made the next 6 weeks a bit less tedious.

They should just announce the date, if nothing else. It's cool if they want to fix bugs or improve graphics or whatever, but I fail to see how that stops them from just giving the potential date out.

because beth$oft dont have a date yet. they're too busy playing skyrim on their 360's.

I'd long since decided I wasn't buying Dawnguard or any other DLC that starts exclusive to a single platform. I just don't reward consumer-hostile behavior like that with the little bit of money I can spend on gaming. I guess they consider that bribe from Microsoft to be worth the loss of loyalty and respect from their customers.

The Windows 8 is already a big menace, and this is another spit onto PC players.

And Valve (Steam) agrees, here's a link to something that will blow your mind Valve: Steam for Linux Fueled by Windows 8 "Catastrophe"

Sorry to be OT.

Newell, a former Microsoft employee, argued that Linux is being held back by a lack of available games.

He has a point. The main reason why I bought a copy of Windows 7 when I bought this PC was because I use it mostly to play games. Few games are available to Linux natively and playing them under WINE is a painful experience most of the time. If Windows 8 is going to screw up the PC gaming market, I won't have much reason to buy that or any other future version of Windows.

I'll follow PC games wherever they go. I refuse to buy an Xbox, a Playstation or any other console. I hate Steam, but not nearly as much as the locked-down toy computers Microsoft and Sony put out. If they're trying to make Linux the future of PC gaming, that's fine with me.

Meaning, they obviously don't create the game on xbox lol, they create it on a pc platform then make it from there to xbox. So I'm confused why would it even matter what bugs xbox would be having; due to it being a completely separate platform.

That's the thing. Xbox 360 is just one hardware profile. And making the game work for that profile is nothing like making the game work for a nice PC with even medium-grade consumer video hardware. PCs are much more demanding.

It's kind of amusing how Xbox users get to be the canaries in the coal mine, though. Even with the lower profile, the DLC is reportedly less stable on that system. And there is the problem of vendor NPCs randomly getting killed by the vampire goon squad.