Dawnguard relase date for PC

Mutak94

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Bethsoft is a business, and a business in in business to make money not cater to demanding gamers who have no clue about actually making games. They will release Dawnguard as soon as they can so they can start recovering the money they put out up front to make it. Every day they delay costs them some of that money. So, there must be some very good reason they haven't released it yet.

As for demanding they commit to a specific date, if there is a major bug still in the game, and they postpone that date once or several times - that is a PR disaster. If they release the DLC with that game breaking bug, an even worse PR disaster. How about we all just calm down and wait for a stable DLC when it is really ready for prime time. Bethsoft is anxiously waiting for it to be released also. :thumbsup:

to make it clear. just infos about the dlc is coming soon. not that the dlc is coming soon.

i think, Bethesda will wait after the gamescom (biggest videogame expo in the world) in germany is over to release the dlc for PC and PS3.

The gamescom is in 2 weeks and it will end one week later.

In my oppinion, we'll have to wait for another 3 weeks before Dawnguard is released.

But now it's up to Bethesda to prove me wrong :D

Edited by Error404NotFound

As Bethsoft is a business, and a business in in business to make money not cater to demanding gamers who have no clue about actually making games. They will release Dawnguard as soon as they can so they can start recovering the money they put out up front to make it. Every day they delay costs them some of that money. So, there must be some very good reason they haven't released it yet.

As for demanding they commit to a specific date, if there is a major bug still in the game, and they postpone that date once or several times - that is a PR disaster. If they release the DLC with that game breaking bug, an even worse PR disaster. How about we all just calm down and wait for a stable DLC when it is really ready for prime time. Bethsoft is anxiously waiting for it to be released also. :thumbsup:

LOL, that money was made back from the exclusive licence alone (and 360 sales), not to mention a fair amount of the mechanics of DG were gamejam things that the devs didnt get paid to make.

Edited by Enatiomorph

^ You NAILED it, Enatiomorph.

Bben46: Yes Bethsoft is a business; a business that got paid copious amounts of money by Microsoft to get temporary exclusivity rights for their Xbox platform. And you can bet the farm they were paid more than enough to make up for their losses. Bethsoft is now tied to their contract with Microsoft to keep it on ice for however long the contract states. So yeah, there indeed is a good reason they haven't released it, which is contractual obligations.

And the whole assumption (or wishful thinking) that this delay could be due to instability or a "major bug" (as opposed to the exclusivity contract which we all know about) is extreeemely unlikely. The game is made on PC before being ported to the Xbox in the first place. And the PS3 version is expected to be bugged, as PS3 Skyrim always has been.

Planned delayed releases like these are happening more and more in the gaming industry, and nobody wins except for the companies involved. So when consumers/fans can't play their favorite game's DLC just because of dirty business tactics, they have every right to be annoyed and/or offended by it.

Edited by Victor5

^ You NAILED it, Enatiomorph.

Bben46: yes Bethsoft is a business; a business that got paid copious amounts of money by Microsoft to get temporary exclusivity rights for their Xbox platform. And you can bet the farm they were paid more than enough to make up for their losses. Bethsoft is now tied to their contract with Microsoft to keep it on ice for however long the contract states. So yeah, there indeed is a good reason they haven't released it, which is contractual obligations.

And the whole assumption that this delay could be due to instability or a "major bug" (as opposed to the exclusivity contract which we all know about) is extremely unlikely. The game is made on PC before being ported to the Xbox in the first place. And the PS3 version is expected to be bugged as it always has been.

Planned delayed releases like these are happening more and more in the gaming industry, and nobody wins except for the companies involved. So when consumers/fans can't play favorite game just because of dirty business tactics, they have every right to be annoyed and/or offended by it.

And the playerbase is assuming more and more :turned:

You got no proof thay this is a "delayed release for no reason". Assuming wildy is never, NEVER, a good thing. So, since you assume, may I assume as well? I will let you hear my wild theory, which I made up right now:

Dawnguard was rushed for the Xbox, so they could get their 30 days early release. This gave Bethesda Beta testers -- Testers that paid them for testing it. Then they started cleaning up, and in 30 days they were close to it. However, they also had another problem to fight, beside breaking half the game as they do every patch: Make it as mod-friendly as possible. To not ruin half the mods out there. This made them focus a lot of energy on that, delaying the release date.

Now, that is just as likely as they are delaying for no reason, or terrorists have stolen the Dawnguard source code, or UFOs got Todd and is blackmailing Bethesda to not release Dawnguard to PC and PS3, or else they will take him away to the core of Jupiter, where they plan a "mass destruction of PC and PS3 Expansions/DLCs" nuke, and turn him into a zomie.

Yeah, can we stop this now and just wait? And stop the assuming that game developers are evil people that does not release stuff because they personally hate you?

*sigh*

Matth

Edited by Matth85

^ Whoa. Ignorant Bethesda fanboy post of the year if I've ever seen one. And you think *I* sound angry? LOL.

So you want to talk about assumptions and conspiracies. Were there any official statements regarding problems during beta testing? No. Any statements made about trouble making the DLC compatible with mods? No. Were there any statements made that there will be a delay due to Xbox exclusivity? Yes. Nothing else has been said. And they were never clear if it would actually be 30 days (and if you looked at a calendar, it obviously wasn't 30 days). Not sure what you're going off about; I'm just going by what we *know*.

But thanks the rantings and... assumptions. :rolleyes:

Edited by Victor5

^ Whoa. Ignorant Bethesda fanboy post of the year if I've ever seen one. And you think *I* sound angry? LOL.

So you want to talk about assumptions and conspiracies. Were there any official statements regarding problems during beta testing? No. Any statements made about trouble making the DLC compatible with mods? No. Were there any statements made that there will be a delay due to Xbox exclusivity? Yes. Nothing else has been said. And they were never clear if it would actually be 30 days (and if you looked at a calendar, it obviously wasn't 30 days). Not sure what you're going off about; I'm just going by what we *know*.

But thanks the rantings and... assumptions. :rolleyes:

Don't put words into my mouth. I am neither a fanboy, nor angry. Did It come over as angry? Would it lighten the mood if I added unnecessary smileys?

You seem like an angry person, dismissing my post as a rant right of the bat. I was merely getting my point over by knocking your point out. If anything, it was meant humorous.

Not sure what you're going off about; I'm just going by what we *know*.

I'd trust you on that, if you got some proof on "The goverment(Game developer) is holding alien secrets(DLCs) away from us!".

I will TL;DR it simply:

Assuming is never good. Your post was a negative comment about how game developer is holding stuff from you. Stuff you are not entitled to get. While the fact is we do not know, and using common sense itself I'd wager they they are fixing the DLC for us, not keeping it from us. As you said yourself, nobody earns on that.

If you feel like this is another rant, then I am sorry. I will try to add more smileys, to express how this is all more humorous than anything. You simply show a very human way of thinking, which I find very amusing. :teehee:

Matth