Dawnguard relase date for PC

Mutak94

Console player...beta tester? That's an oxymoron if Ive ever heard one. Yeah, DG is definitely not being delayed for ironing out (Beth never does that).

Beth greed and sellout tactics are turning them into a joke. Although that has more to do with the dumbing down and mainstreaming of the ES series.

And the playerbase is assuming more and more :turned:

You got no proof thay this is a "delayed release for no reason". Assuming wildy is never, NEVER, a good thing. So, since you assume, may I assume as well? I will let

And people are apparently reading less and less. Not reading what was actually written is never, NEVER, a good thing.

Edited by Enatiomorph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, DG is definitely not being delayed for ironing out (Beth never does that).

So, you work there? :rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm amazed Skyrim works as well as it does (way more stable than FNV ever was). Their software is such a huge house of cards that even mods sometimes cause the engine to crash spectacularly. And software should *never* crash. Ever. Bad design means scrambling to fix last minute bugs. The alternate explanation is the goofy (to put it nicely) conspiracy theory of Microsoft manipulating Bethesda. Which of the two explanations is more likely? I say never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by rushing to do things too quickly and screwing things up (and not really designing the code the right way in first place doesn't help).

... that got paid copious amounts of money by Microsoft to get temporary exclusivity rights for their Xbox platform.

This part really bites, seeing as most of us PC users are playing on Microsoft operating systems. OS's that cost almost as much as an XBox if you go for the premium versions. I can see them wanting exclusivity over Sony gamers, but they are screwing over a major sector of their own customer base.

You know, I'm not even sure anymore why we should buy the expansion in the first place. There are so many mods that extend the game that if you put them all together you could make an expansion by themselves! Someone should really see if a high amount of mods could be combined in a way they remain compatible. Mods that should still be able to be disabled and enabled to what the user prefers. The more mods there are included the better. Realism, a better mage system, stronger & tougher dragons, more perks, more shouts more just about everything..

Kingdark

Oh, on a side note to answer a few other people, I've read that the developer claims that pc gamers aren't their biggest profit any more. Don't ask me for the source though because I read it in a forum somewhere without a source there too. They also gave some vague hints that they don't like developing games for pc any more. But what has been said is right; The majority is using windows of Microsoft because so many games only support that. I don't own an xbox and will never own an xbox period. I don't want the crap. I do have a play station though but that's besides the point.

No. This can be considered a good move in making profit. Those that really like skyrim might decide to buy an xbox, the original skyrim game and then the expansion. Then there is of course the various items you can purchases to make your gaming experience even better.

Kingdark (2)

Edited by kingdark

You know, I'm not even sure anymore why we should buy the expansion in the first place.

There are multiple reasons why. Let me start with the glaring obvious ones:

A) Bethesda got the source code, we do not. Hence they can edit stuff we dream we can edit, and do changes that we all want. I.E. New starsign to be used for perks.

B) Bethesda got proffesional artists and coders working for them. Meaning the models, and new animation, are all at the same level as the rest of Skyrim. Not below, or sicly above -- as it will be in the future, which is common for modders.

C) The DLC gives us a lot more to play with. It gives rossbow animations, meaning we don't need to look for any decent animators like Saidenstorm for stuff like that. It also gives 2 new perk trees, independant of the oriignal ones. If they play this clever, they give us the option to do the same. Can you imagine the mods that can be made with all new perk trees, not stealing from the original ones?

And frankly, I have yet to see a mod from Bethesda that really dissapointed me. Some of them, like a good portion of the Oblivion DLCs, were surpased by mods long before they were released. However, by themself they were good enough for the small cost, and we then got even better stuff. Shivering Isles, for instance, was a ton of fun.

So I say: People should stop doomsday marking Bethesda and the Microsoft deal, and instead give them some faith. Then they should get the DLC when it comes out, if they actually enjoy the theme of it, and be happy. And frankly, I will not be dissapointed with crossbow animations. It simlply motivates me more to start modelling crossbow and Demon Hunter-ish kind of character for Skyrim.

Perhaps it is just me, but is everybody pessimistic these days? Where is the optimism?

Matth

What's going to happen to the dragon you capture at Dragonsreach when you yourself can fly? well the flying be restricted to the dawnguard dlc only?

You don't actually fly, it's more of a hover, like the Dragon Priests or the Liches of Oblivion. (If you mean Dawnguard, because there's some mod that lets you fly like Iron Man).

What's going to happen to the dragon you capture at Dragonsreach when you yourself can fly? well the flying be restricted to the dawnguard dlc only?

You don't actually fly, it's more of a hover, like the Dragon Priests or the Liches of Oblivion. (If you mean Dawnguard, because there's some mod that lets you fly like Iron Man).

oh man, they have a flying mod for Fallout NV based off one of those DC comics too, either superman or iron man :biggrin:

Edited by sinnerman69