Dawnguard relase date for PC

Mutak94

... that got paid copious amounts of money by Microsoft to get temporary exclusivity rights for their Xbox platform.
This part really bites, seeing as most of us PC users are playing on Microsoft operating systems. OS's that cost almost as much as an XBox if you go for the premium versions. I can see them wanting exclusivity over Sony gamers, but they are screwing over a major sector of their own customer base.

I've always marveled at Microsoft's stupidity in cutting their own throats like that. They should be plastering ads everywhere promoting the Windows PC as *The* gaming computer, especially with Apple beginning to eat their lunch elsewhere. Instead, they're bribing game makers to exclude and anger their own customers.

Now that I can agree with!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're just waiting for the beta testing to finish on the consoles, then im not going to buy it.

dont get me wrong, when im in the mood for skyrim again. ill get it.

but right now, my interest is fading (it does with everything video game wise, really.)

XBox'ers may have the DLC, but they can't add mods. (Wait... what's that? *googles further* S-O-B!!)

Take heart fellow PC gamers. Tools are being updated and added that will allow new levels of access to the game engine. It will allow mods that make Dawnguard small potatoes. More responsive environments, major HUD redesigns, rebuilt-from-scratch levelling and skill systems, and much more. This is what I'm really looking forward to, and recommend waiting to buy all DLCs in package deal later.

XBox'ers may have the DLC, but they can't add mods. (Wait... what's that? *googles further* S-O-B!!)

Take heart fellow PC gamers. Tools are being updated and added that will allow new levels of access to the game engine. It will allow mods that make Dawnguard small potatoes. More responsive environments, major HUD redesigns, rebuilt-from-scratch levelling and skill systems, and much more. This is what I'm really looking forward to, and recommend waiting to buy all DLCs in package deal later.

What and where is your source?

Edit:

I think I might be more interested in what extra modding tools the DLC might bring then the DLC itself. I wonder what they mean with 'rebuilt from scratch leveling & skill systems though'

I know one thing though that if the reviews are all good then I'm not going to be patient enough to be waiting for more DLC'S and that is IF there are going to be any more DLC'S.

Kingdark (2)

Edited by kingdark

What and where is your source?

I'm talking about 3rd party tools like SKSE. The tool is out, but not fully featured yet. You can keep up with developments here.

There may not be specified plans for a new levelling system. but the functions needed to implement such a thing are coming. Scripters will soon also have better access to Skyrim's world environment. As for now, pretty much all one can target is an NPC. When I asked about HUD improvements the response was:

To actually make new menus or modify the HUD, you'll need to start building things in flash. The SkyUI team is working on a library to streamline this process, so you may want to wait on that.

I think I might be more interested in what extra modding tools the DLC might bring then the DLC itself. I wonder what they mean with 'rebuilt from scratch leveling & skill systems though'

The current levelling & skills system is fairly ingrained. It may be easier to simply suppress it and install something new. That's just my 2 cents on the matter.

I know one thing though that if the reviews are all good then I'm not going to be patient enough to be waiting for more DLC'S and that is IF there are going to be any more DLC'S.

There's usually 4 to 5. It could depend on how much focus gets switched to Elder Scrolls Online. Patience is easy if you don't only play Skyrim.

Edited by gigantibyte

Gigantibyte: Bethesda has nothing to do with the elder scrolls online so no worries, the only worry is that they switch their attention to fallout 4. Zenimax online is the one doing the elder scrolls online thankfully

While as of the moment I am typing we still haven't received official word from Bethesda regarding the PC (and I suppose PS3 as well) release of Dawnguard. Steam has graciously leaked the Dawnguard Achievements on the Skyrim page so without a doubt it has been confirmed that Dawnguard will be on the PC and most likely soon. The absolute silence of Bethesda is somewhat infuriating though.

EDIT: Well I guess I took too long to type.

Edited by Ansler