help please

Snake932

Unfortunately, the 'recommended' specifications given by Bethesda Softworks for Oblivion are very weak. If you use them as a guideline, you will have problems. Especially if you start using mods.

If you post what you do have, maybe someone here will have some suggestions on how to make what you do have work better.

Officially Recognized Specifications

The following represents what Bethesda's officially released Specifications for Oblivion are. They are based on technology available at the time of Oblivion's release, and they have not been updated since that time. It is also important to note that even if a system meets these, it may still have very low performance. This information was taken from the Official FAQ page.

[edit] Recommended

* 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 1 GB System RAM

* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

[edit] Minimum System Requirements

* Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP, Windows 2000

* 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 512 MB System RAM

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space

* 128 MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* DirectX 9.0c (included)

* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

* Keyboard, Mouse

Note: The game runs on 256 MB System RAM but is hardly playable.

yeah, these are the specifics of my pc:

- windows xp v. 2002

- amd processor 1.61 ghz 1,00 gb ram

- graphic card radeon 9200 128mb/ 64 bit

hope it will help. let me know soon. :thanks:

What would help more is a bit more data. For example, how up-to-date is your XP? Are you running XP Service Pack 3, fully updated with August's updates? September's updates will be posted by Microsoft tomorrow.

Your 1 GB RAM is acceptable, but don't get mod-crazy. Mods need RAM also.

You would be well-advised to run Oblivion at minimum settings with that video card. I don't know much about ATI cards, but 128 MB won't get you very far.

The ATI 'acceptable' cards start at the 9600XT. So your 9200 is probably too slow.

You don't list an audio card. If you are using the on board audio that comes with most motherboards it will steal RAM from your system and slow things down. The solution is to disable some of the audio, usually the music. Or install an audio card. A cheap one will work fine for oblivion.

You might also want to check out Oldblivion, that's a program that Allows older computers to run Oblivion with reduced graphics. The screenshots I have seen don't look bad at all. The ATI 9200 series is listed as working there.

Look here for more information: http://www.oldblivion.com/?page=docs

yeah, but i want run oblivion as better as possible. so i need to know what graphic card i need, what audio card i need, and also the others things that i need for run oblivion with best graphics, best audio and best other things (possibility of install a lot of mod without any problems for example).

anyway thanks everyone for the fast reply :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Archived