Is it possible to recruit some Blades via console command?

AlinRazor21

Hi, I'm sorry if I haven't posted this topic in the right forum. (but I think the recruitment of the Blades could be a spoiler)

I would like to know if there's possible to add NPCs to factions (in this case, The Blades) using the console command 'addtofaction' or 'addfac' . The mods of adding extra Blades aren't working for me ... So, this is the last chance. Sorry if this has been discussed already :(

you are asking to do a few things at the same time, really. From what I am reading, you want to not only make and NPC be in the Blades faction, but you also want them to live at Skyhaven. There is a mod that adds more to the recruitable numbers (Extra Blades fixed), it increases from 3 to I think 10 (or more) without counsole commands.

If you just wanted them to be in the blades here is the faction number (just to check against what you already have :00072834

I am unaware of a counsole command to set a home location to an NPC. Again, Mods do this. (better followers/myhome is your home)

read all Mod requirements and make backups before any mod. Practice Safe Modding - You never know what other mod yours touched. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, mods aren't working for me. (because I already recruited three Blades, and eventually even finished the main quest) . I was asking if somebody knows a method to make a follower wear full Blades Armor and have Blades dialogue.. it's not necessary to make them move to Sky Haven ;)

Any follower is a candidate for the blades, wether housecarl or the followers from various bars, wether by coin or Irish Standdown ( a type of one on one fight).

The same tricks which make any NPC into a regular follower from the console, will work here too, then you just turn them over to the Blades.

I tryed recruiting a Vampire follower I had made of a generic vampire into the blades once in this way.

I tried something:

I've used the console command 'resetquest' and then it typed '000E38C9' (the code for the Rebuild the Blades quest) . The game didn't crashed or something like that, maybe because this is a secondary quest and doesn't affect much. Anyway, then I went to Delphine, talked to her, asked her if I can bring recruits and she told me to come with a follower. That's exactly how the quest should progress ... but when I come with a follower, I don't have the dialogue option 'I've bough someone to recruit to the Blades' or something like that :(

I'm stuck here ..

• 4 years later...

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:643108

Special thanks to 'Synikal' for one of the best answers to this question ever. Pls forgive me for quoting you[synikal] if it is not to your liking.

"SynikaI

I have found a solution! They will act like Blades and dress like blades and move into the Sky Haven Temple. You can do this by:

1. Open the console while the desired NPC you wish to recruit into the blades is currently your follower and click them to select their RefID.

2. Type into the console "SetConsoleScopeQuest FreeformSkyhavenTempleA" (Without the quotations, of course)

3. Then type "ForceRefinToAlias blade01". (Or replace 01 with 02 or 03 depending on what the next available blade slot is. You can check this by typing "sqv FreeFormSkyHavenTempleA")

After that they should move their home to Sky Haven Temple and will do so once you dismiss them from being your current follower.

To get a second person into the blades follow these steps but FIRST you will need to cause the game to initiate the next stage. Check which stage the quest is currently in by typing "Player.sqs FreeFormSkyHavenTempleA". If you are on stage 10 then it is still waiting for you to recruit a follower to the blades. If you have and are now wanting a second you must type "setstage FreeFormSkyHavenTempleA 20" to cause her to move onto the next follower and replace 20 with 30 once you have the first two.

Once you have all three needed change out the 30 with a 40 and it will point you to talk to Esbern about dragon lairs to start the repeatable quest "Dragon Hunting".

That's it! I hope this solved the problem for anyone else who has this pain in the ass."

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as providing Blades' armor goes, there's a mod called "Simple NPC Outfit Manager" that I've used both in OldRim and NewRim, and have been happy with:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15211

It includes Blades armor among others, However, it doesn't add swords or shields. I guess those you would have to manufacture and equip your new Blades yourself. If you decide to try for awhile and then uninstall without going back

to a pre-mod save, read the author's caveat in the description.

Edited by BBCM