I need help with editing Morrowind

topiz

1) This should be in the CS forum.

2) Don't apply color formatting to your entire post; it's annoying -- however, at least it's better than the ones that begin with a plaintext "."

3) IIRC, meshes can only be made using a program such as 3DSMax. They can, however, be retextured with NIFTexture and a capable graphics program.

4) Do a search for the race creation threads. There are too many of them already.

Reading your carefully worded and intelligent post, I can tell that you will not be able to do what you want. It takes alot of time, energy, and skill to make meshes and textures. You can use programs like Skinner and Niftexture to apply textures into nif files (those programs are thankfully free).

Like Marxist said, for texture editing you need 3DStudioMax. It's insanely expensive though.

Lastly, use the search feature on the forums. Please.

Actually, for texture editing you can probably even use GIMP, which is free -- to apply the textures, you need NIFTexture, which is also free. You only need 3DSMAX to edit the actual form of objects.

Haha... That's what I meant, 3DStudioMax for the *mesh* editing.

Sorry about the typo there.

But for texture editing, yea the GIMP works and it's free. You can also get Photoshop 7 which works really well, it's what I use.

Archived