Multiple viewable weapons on character?

Epidemic14

Would it be possible to make a mod that allows you to have several weapons viewable on your third-person character? Like being able to have a bow and claymore on your back, as well as a dagger on your hip, instead of having one at a time, depending on which weapon is equipped? Anyone know of a mod like this?

I was actually just thinking about this :)

I may actually give it a shot - I can't access my main project for a while, so I might try this out while I wait. It all depends on whether a weapon without a slot assigned to it will actually display on the character, but aside from that it sounds easy enough ;)

That said, I have a feeling that it won't. If that's the case then there's nothing I can do I don't think. Also, I can't make offhand weapons go to your right hip. Other than that everything else should be possible, as long as the weapons display.

I'll get back to you later on when I get the chance to check out whether this could work or not.

EDIT:: Gave it a shot, no dice. Like I thought, weapon meshes work as only weapons. If a weapon mesh is assigned to an armour, it doesn't display. Not only that, but weapons seem to be immune to script commands that alter equipment slots.

Edited by WarRatsG

I was actually just thinking about this :)

I may actually give it a shot - I can't access my main project for a while, so I might try this out while I wait. It all depends on whether a weapon without a slot assigned to it will actually display on the character, but aside from that it sounds easy enough ;)

That said, I have a feeling that it won't. If that's the case then there's nothing I can do I don't think. Also, I can't make offhand weapons go to your right hip. Other than that everything else should be possible, as long as the weapons display.

I'll get back to you later on when I get the chance to check out whether this could work or not.

EDIT:: Gave it a shot, no dice. Like I thought, weapon meshes work as only weapons. If a weapon mesh is assigned to an armour, it doesn't display. Not only that, but weapons seem to be immune to script commands that alter equipment slots.

Thanks for looking into it, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...