HGEC/High Res Skin Textures For HGEC/Dalls "Sexy Female Feet"/OBSE/BLOCKHEAD Issue I Think

JustHereForSass

Ahh ... and the next bridge to cross appears. Thanks for the segue Leonardo :thumbsup: .

- Edit - We have you standing next to the steeper part of the learning curve now Just!!

Edited by Striker879

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather like how things turned out and i think i'm a little thin from the work i've done already, however i do appreciate the input

i'm pretty satisfied overall, this is the Oblivion i'm content with

i think my next course of action is installing that player house i saw that looked really neat

Edited by JustHereForSass

indeed!

i found the house (i actually lost it which is why i say i found it): https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/49144

on the off chance there's interest/issues haha

i do actually have a question, some files say "requires cleaning (LOOT) and, what is LOOT exactly, and should i have it

LOOT is the latest tool for sorting mod load orders. The game loads mods one at a time, starting from the ESMs and then working down the list of mod ESPs in the Data folder. Load order sorting tools arrange the mods by changing the date of the ESP file (the game uses date and timestamps to determine order to load).

My own personal preference for load order is BOSS. It is older but in my opinion is the best tool for sorting Oblivion load orders. It is still being updated as far as the mod masterlist is concerned, but hasn't been updated itself for some time, and has fallen out of favour with many (for instance the latest versions of Wrye Bash don't use BOSS).

Both BOSS and LOOT make recommendation regarding how some mods are released with things like "dirty edits" (the ITM identical to master notations) and UDR (undelete and restore I think is what it stands for). TES4Edit is the tool used to clean mods of those.

There, now we have you on the stairmaster with the speed tweaked up a bit.

- Edit - Just as a frame of reference for you ... I didn't start proper load order sorting or using a bashed patch (or cleaning mods) until my latest (third) character. Yup, my games with those first two guys would have probably been more stable using the tools available, but I played each of those guys more than a year each (and still have the saves if I ever wanted to resurrect them).

If you keep your mod list under control, and avoid mods that require a bashed patch you can move onto the stairmaster at your own pace.

Edited by Striker879

Ah interesting, given that i'm probably not going to really load up too heavily on mods, should i still invest in an install of BOSS/LOOT or do you think i could get by without them alright

Boss by itself will help. It's simple to install (installer runs from an EXE) and easy to use (I'll give you some tips on manually updating the masterlist if it chokes and doesn't do so automatically). Wrye bash can wait until you need it.

Sounds good, i'll go ahead and do BOSS, and since this is a short post i'll update with more

immediate update, uhh, GitHub or The Assimilation Lab

update after below message, it gave me a choice which is why i asked
952bdb26cc38abb14b619df3d3ddc3ca.png
i'll do GitHub