Seeking NPC Appearance Mods without OBSE

PeppermintRain

Hello all,

To keep it short and sweet, I can't get OBSE to work in my game for whatever reason. I toiled with it for over a week, tried a huge assortment of solutions, and then just gave up because it wasn't worth the hassle. Iâm on Windows 10 through Steam, I have all Oblivion expansions and DLC.

However, I'd love to fix my ugly vanilla NPCs. They're a little harsh on the eyes. :smile: Many of the most popular NPC overhaul mods out there seem to require OBSE.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could provide some suggestions for mods that run WITHOUT OBSE that alter and improve the appearance of vanilla NPCs.

As a note, right now Iâm using Robert's Female Bodies with success. I'm mostly looking for mods that change the head area (face, eyes, hair, etc.) I'm also using Ren's pack and playing as a Mystic Elf and my player character looks just fine so I'm seeking NPC replacers.

I don't care if the mod is a natural/realistic look or unrealistically gorgeous. Anything to make the vanilla NPCs less horrific will do.

Edit: Sorry about the weird accents, my French keyboard seems to have gone mad.

Edited by PeppermintRain

Something else that may be of use (though it will require some study and rolling up of sleeves it is the state of the art in most ways):

Seamless Heads - Vanilla and Classics Edition ... mostly thinking if you decided to go with one of the mods mentioned as "Classic".

- Edit - For those listed mods that have broken links you can just note the mod number (e.g. for KMFEv4rev it is 25996) and then change a working link from the New Today or New This Week page with the numbers for the broken link mod.

Edited by Striker879

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but least I tried.

I checked my favorite npc mod and it requires obse as well.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/?

If you ever want to try fiddling with getting your obse going with steam

here's a tutorial written by someone with obse and steam

even if you don't go by the whole tutorial, maybe his section on installing obse

will be of assistance.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47591

Thank you for that as well! I really would like to eventually work on OBSE but after a week I was like "nah" and quit. I anticipate in the future I may work up the motivation to fuss around with it again. :smile:

Edited by PeppermintRain

I know when you're tired of something, but have you tried reinstalling everything from scratch AND installing mods with Wrye Bash? That was my solution to all my corrupted savegames!! Not a single troubleshoot since then!!!!