The most pointless perks

TKDBoy1889

I think just about everyone would agree that some of the perks in Fallout: New Vegas are not so great, and some that are downright useless. Which perks do you consider the most pointless? By this I mean they really have no real benefit at all. These can include challenge perks, companion perks, and DLC perks.

For me, Ferocious Loyalty and Nerd Rage are pointless. I myself am not a big fan of letting my health stay low. When it's low, I wanna heal myself as soon as possible. So any perks that require you to be nearing death to work are just... pointless to me.

Also, Home on the Range from Honest Hearts is pointless to me. As it is, probably 8 out of 10 of the campfires have some sort of bedding next to them. Really, there's almost always a bed nearby, so i don't see the point in making the campfire itself a bed.

So what perks do you guys think are worthless?

Yeah, I agree there are a few perks in FO:NV that I think are just filler and don't really add anything significant to your character build.

Here's a few which I think are pointless:

Spray 'n Pray - just don't miss or fire madly while companions are attacking

And Stay Back [shotguns have a 10% chance, per pellet, of knocking an enemy back] - I'd rather kill them than knock them down

Hobbler [Your chance to hit an opponents legs in V.A.T.S. is increased by 25%.] - why choose this when the Sniper perk is better?

Eye for Eye [For each crippled limb you have, you do an additional 10% damage.] The trick is not to get injured. Getting crippled just so you can do a bit more damage to the enemy = ridiculous perk

Lesson Learned [+1% XP gain per player level] - there is so much xp in the game & DLC's that again this is another useless perk.

Walker Instinct [+1 Perception and Agility when outside] Most hats and some armour/clothing will give you these bonuses anyway.

That's my pick of the bunch :turned:

Edited by Talwyn224

• 2 weeks later...

And Stay Back [shotguns have a 10% chance, per pellet, of knocking an enemy back] - I'd rather kill them than knock them down

You cannot imagine how many times this perk saved my life vs Deathclaws (when I couldn't have a match with them). A lot of times xD

You cannot imagine how many times this perk saved my life vs Deathclaws (when I couldn't have a match with them). A lot of times xD

I totally agree if you knock the enemy down it makes them much easier to finish off (also works insanely well along with shotgun surgeon and the riot shotgun)

there are too many useless perks use think they'd step up a bit from F03 and have perks for enhanced accuracy ( if there isnt one already ) a usefull perk would be to give you ranks for npc's so you get respect in the mojavie

Oh boy, here we go....

-Explorer (if you can't fast travel to them, why bother?)

-Pretty much all of the traits. The benefit is outweighed by the drawback/thing you have to give (Logan's Loophole, Built To Destroy, Small Frame)

-..And Stay Back (but useful on Deathclaws)

-Nerd Rage (I prefer to be HEALTHY, thank you.)

-Lead Belly (I never use water sources.)

-Math Wrath (only 10%? C'mon.)