Trying to replace armor

ralfetas

Hello,

Maybe this is a very stupid question... But, i hope anyone could help me.

I am trying to make Kirin Gamma the same way Kirin Beta (that have better textures imo).

So, i extract the original chunks, copy the pl035_0010 folder, and rename everything to 0020, nothing happen... I try to make the alpha looks like the beta, doing the same thing, and nothing...

What i am missing?

Thanks for any help!

You might be using the wrong part of sequence ID# I believe the actual ID is just the initial three digits after pl. So, change the 035 part instead. Also, 035 is reference ID for guild cross armor set. 0020, and 0010 are almost certainly a reference to the part of the body that those pieces correspond to. I'm a little new to this. So, I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But you should be swapping like this.

Kirin (b)eta ID# is 106 Kirin (y)gamma ID# is 209

So, change file name of {pl209_0010} into {pl106_0010}

I believe you have been accidentally swapping assets to guild cross armor set.

Again, really sorry if I'm wrong.

Edited by 5FingerButtPunch

The easiest way for complete replacement of models and textures would be:

Copy only the ".mod3" and the ".mrl3" files of the armor(set) which you want to be visible. The ".mrl3" points towards the textures, so you don't need to copy the ".tex" files at all.

I don't actually know what the ".ctc", ".ccl" and ".evhl" files do, so you can try copying them too or don't.

In your case, one of the files should be "nativePC/pl/f_equip/pl035_0010/arm/mod/f_arm035_0010.mod3".

Recreate the folder structure in your nativePC folder of the armor set which you want to replace.

In your case, one of the folders should be "nativePC/pl/f_equip/pl035_0020/arm/mod".

Copy the corresponding files into the corresponding folder. Yes, these need to all be renamed to fit the original files you want to replace.

In your case, the corresponding file should be "nativePC/pl/f_equip/pl035_0020/arm/mod/f_arm035_0020.mod3"

Indeed there is something different about the kirin or the gamma sets... i try other replaces and all was fine...

Sure we could just use transmog, but i would like to start modding this game...