Flickering Ice Surfaces With ENB

azazellz

I've noticed strange visual bug with ENB - flickering ice surfaces.

FastThickIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.

Why it's strange? Because of the way how it appears.

1. Only on static ice surfaces. Ice creatures or non-ice objects is OK

2. Only with SSAO and Reflections enabled

Without SSAO and Reflections all look fine

BouncyCompetentBullfrog-size_restricted.

3. Only in first person.

4. Only if character run forward. If character walk or sneak - bug does not appear.

Strange bond with movement speed, maybe?

I'm using 2070 RTX, 0.366 ENB binaries with Rudy preset (but it appear with QIRE preset too).

For first person view I use this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57859

Location is Castle Unslaad from this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80425 (coc zzzCrbCastle01), but flickering objects are common ice from Dawnguard - so, flickering appears in other places too.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?
Edited by azazellz

2 things...you might have 2 different terrain textures overlapping themselves so look at your mod order or any graphical overhauls.

What? You can install 20 texture mods - but only last one will be used.

second.....try capping your FPS at 60 ....FPS above 60 like maybe 90 FPS will cause flickering.

Already capped.

First of all understand that mods will cause glitches in Skyrim I once had glitches on water because a plugin and a texture mod were glitching. You can install 20 pure texture mods like the ones that just overlap over files...and then you have texture mods that have a plugin. My advice to you if you "really" want to get rid of this glitch is to uncheck plugins that A. Affect terrain B. Weather mods and then go check if the flickering continues. The other mods that could be causing this is for example like the 4k texture mods that affect terrain those you have to in manually and override them with the default terrain files.....you might be s*** out of luck in that case GL. Let me give you some advice. Get a second SSD (or first) and always have a backup of your OS with a good working copy of Skyrim if you want to save the hassle of always trying to fix Skyrim. Has saved me many times.

I also use Rudy enb and I get no flickering..have you tried disabling the enb and then checking if it still persists? If so you might want to get with the creator of the ENB see if he can give you any solutions.

Edited by tejano2828

I also use Rudy enb and I get no flickering..have you tried disabling the enb and then checking if it still persists? If so you might want to get with the creator of the ENB see if he can give you any solutions.

Well, it was a combination of .366 ENB binaries and first person geometry from this mod.

If you use older binaries all look completely fine, or if you don't use that mod - you still may see some flickering, but it will be less noticeable.

I hope Boris can fix it (I sent this error to ENBDev forum too).

Doing a quick search on that mod in the forum thread brings up tons of problems with "flickering" I say not worth it, mods that conflict with other areas imho are worthless.

Dunno.

No flickering with .349 or older binaries. Only with .366

Good balance between immersion and playability (1st person hands + 3rd person body).

So, it's more like bug in latest ENB binaries.