The Nexus Community Weapon Immersion Project

Ironman5000

Hello all. I have decided to post a topic on the forums to let you know that my next project is to completely revise the way all weapon mods are added to Skyrim.

Now that the bulk of my Monster Wars has been done, I am taking a short break to pursue a project that I have been wanting to do for some time now. The plan is to change the way all the best weapon mods and combine them into one large file, while adapting how they can be aquired and used. As you may have noticed, most weapons from these mods can only be acquired through smithing, purchasing from certain vendors, or found at particular locations. I will be adapting the system by adding all of these weapons to levelled lists and will appear throughout game in several ways by chance,

- The weapons will appear in the inventories of NPCs, both friendly and enemy alike. The designs and themes of the weapons will determine how they appear and what kind of NPC and factions will use them

- They will appear in containers throughout the game, in the same way vanilla ones do - weapons with higher stats will be rare/appear at higher character levels/in boss chests, and some will even be unique wielded by special NPCs and enemies

- The crafting and temering system used in the original mods will remain the same, and I will not be changing the stats of most of them. Of course if some are too overpowered I may tweak them slightly for balance, but any enchantments and special effects will remain as I want to remain true to authors design

- The weapons will appear in merchant inventories, the amount and types will depend on your character level

- Found in "Dummy Weapon" lists, this will make sense to other mod authors, but if you don't know what this means there are markers placed throughout the game that generate levelled weapons not restricted to containers. You would find them on in weapon racks mostly but could also be found in dungeons, on tables, hidden in gaps etc. so there will be the chance of finding one of these weapons in miliary barracks or just lying around somewhere!

At the moment I have many weapons set up from some very talented mod authors who were kind enough to to reply to my personal requests, with more to be confirmed (when they check their inbox :tongue: ) I will also be using any other mods that have permissions readily given in their descriptions as well as several resource mods. Using the resource mods of course gives me creative freedom to make my own weapon variants, such as stats and texture changes.

Here is a list of confirmed weapon mods so far (in no particular order);

- Berserk Dragonslayer

- Weapons of the Third Era

- Monster Hunter Series Weapons

- URW Useless Resources

- Gizmodian Oblivion Weapons for Skyrim

- Dread Knight Weapon Set

- Frostmourne

- The weapons from Skyrim Monster Mod

- Witchers Silver Sword

- Scythe weapon mod

- Nordic Spears

- Celtic Katana

- Dragonbane

- Ice Blade of the Monarch

- Dragon Katana

- Chrysamere

- Empire Longswords

- Goldbrand

- Umbra Sword

- Reaver Custom Sword and Greatsword

- Disemboweler Custom Sword and Greatsword

- Decapitator Custom Battleaxe and Waraxe

- Cleaver Custom Swords

- Razor Custom Sword

- Negotiator Of Talos

- Scoiatael Weapons

- Wulfharths Dragonbone Weapons

- The scimitar from Mongol Armor Standalone

- YesThor Swords Standalone

- Elven Great Blade

- Barbarian Axe

- Atlantean Dragon Slayer

- Double Axes Of Skyrim

- Conan Swords

- Dwarven Slayer

- Fist Weapons mods

- Dragon Age Series Weapon Pack

- Fantasy Weapons

- Anduril Flame of the West

- Anti-Dragon DragonSlayer

- Kannshou and Bakuya

- Sabers Swords

- DMC 4 Weapons

- Soul Calibur 4 and 5 weapons

- Blade of Olympus

- Blades of Chaos and Athena

- Dark Crusader Reforged Blade Set

- Hadhafang - Arwens Sword

- The Sword Of The One Eyed Crow

- Orgnums Dagger (and Blades)

The author Nicoroshi has granted permission to create an esp file which would require downloading his mods, so I will be making a seperate file that would integrate all of his weapons into the levelled lists but not including the meshes and texture files.

...and I am still going to request permissions from other mod authors to use their weapon mods. There are many more that I would like to use and I will be sending requests and gathering mods/resources that are free to use.

There are other popular weapon mods that add their weapons the same way this project will work, so I have not requested permission to use them. I may work on compatibility patches so that our mods can work together.

If you are a weapon modder reading this and I haven't been in touch yet, and of course if you would like your work to be included in this project please respond to this thread or send me a PM. The more weapons the better as far as i'm conserened!

==============================================================

TO THE AUTHORS WHO RESPONDED TO MY MESSAGES, thank you so much for allowing me to use your awesome mods i'm sure you will appreciate the finished product when it is complete. Just so you know you're files will all be compressed into one easy-to-use BSA file file that will reduce cluttering and ultimately decrease the chance of any fps loss. It just makes the whole thing sooo much more conventient for users.

If you should change your minds at any point and you would prefer not to have you're assets uploaded in my file then please inform me, but this will involve me making a seperate file especially for you're mod(s).

==============================================================

Also if anyone would like to see their favourite weapons in this mod which haven't been mentioned, post the link so that I can get in touch with the authors where necessary.

I am open to suggestions and ideas so if any of you would like to see weapons used a certain way or whatever post your ideas here, just keep in mind I will not be making stat changes to most weapons.

Sounds like you found yourself an awesome project :biggrin:

I suppose i'll have to add some new stuff to my resource real quick then, so it'll also make it into your little project ;)

But i've also got a serious question: you mention not making any stat changes to the weapons. How does this fit together with my resource? as those are simply models and textures, not a plugin with stats...

Sounds like you found yourself an awesome project :biggrin:

I suppose i'll have to add some new stuff to my resource real quick then, so it'll also make it into your little project ;)

But i've also got a serious question: you mention not making any stat changes to the weapons. How does this fit together with my resource? as those are simply models and textures, not a plugin with stats...

Your stuff is already in the pipelines :biggrin: I'm going to use them all!

I am gathering yours and other other resource mods and giving them appropriate stats, with enchanted variations for some of them maybe doing a little retexture work here and there. I will be including the retextured weapons from my other mods too (though some will be better balanced).

I am actually almost done merging all the esps for the listed weapon mods, then I will start adding the resource weapons!

As soon I confirm some more mods I will update the list, got some more great ones now :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

that weapon lists http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/dance.gif

I have a request, can you add medium resolution (1024x1024) for the textures? http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

(I see some mods like Wot3E, Dread Knight have 2048x2048 texture size)

because (maybe not only for me) 1024x1024 texture size is enough for weapons

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...